Email Marketing Tool

btrevick

Product Integration into Marketing Emails via Smart Rules

SOLVE

This is more so a question as opposed to an idea as I'm not sure if it's currently possible. 

We would like to be able to create a 10-day workflow with an email every day. Each email would have a smart rule that contains a product from our website for contacts in a specific list. The product would depend on certain criteria outlined below in an example.

Is there a way to automate content in a smart rule for an email so that product data is pulled in according to a contact's list membership?

Example: 
The first email would contain a smart rule that includes one of our cardiology programs for a student's preferred study subject of cardiology while a second rule in that content box could contain one of our internal medicine programs for a student's preferred study subject of internal medicine. 

The second email would be the same but would be able to pull in a different program.

And so on and so forth for 10 emails in a workflow.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks @natsumimori for tagging me!

Hi @btrevick,

Yes, this is possible. If I understood you correctly, you want to create a series of 10 emails. Based on list-membership, each contact should see different products.

It sounds like you want this product information to be automatically pulled from a list or database. This is currently not possible – at least not natively within HubSpot. There might be a custom workaround using the HubSpot API. You'd have to use standard smart rules or personalization tokens.

Smart rules

Let's assume you have 3 lists, here's what you'd have to do.

1. Create email 1 with a default version of the email text.

2. Create and customize smart variation 1 for list 1.

3. Create and customize smart variation 2 for list 2.

4. Create and customize smart variation 3 for list 3.

5. Clone email 1 for emails 2-10 and replace text in each variation.

Personalization tokens

For this, you'd only have to create a total of 10 emails, no variations. But you would need to create 10 custom properties (Product email 1, Product email 2 etc., probably type Radio select or Checkboxes) and assign each contact in your system a value for each property. When you use the Product email 1 property in the first email, HubSpot will then automatically populate with the value of the receiving contacts.

Both options are doable but high-maintenance.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Thanks @natsumimori for tagging me!

Hi @btrevick,

Yes, this is possible. If I understood you correctly, you want to create a series of 10 emails. Based on list-membership, each contact should see different products.

It sounds like you want this product information to be automatically pulled from a list or database. This is currently not possible – at least not natively within HubSpot. There might be a custom workaround using the HubSpot API. You'd have to use standard smart rules or personalization tokens.

Smart rules

Let's assume you have 3 lists, here's what you'd have to do.

1. Create email 1 with a default version of the email text.

2. Create and customize smart variation 1 for list 1.

3. Create and customize smart variation 2 for list 2.

4. Create and customize smart variation 3 for list 3.

5. Clone email 1 for emails 2-10 and replace text in each variation.

Personalization tokens

For this, you'd only have to create a total of 10 emails, no variations. But you would need to create 10 custom properties (Product email 1, Product email 2 etc., probably type Radio select or Checkboxes) and assign each contact in your system a value for each property. When you use the Product email 1 property in the first email, HubSpot will then automatically populate with the value of the receiving contacts.

Both options are doable but high-maintenance.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you @karstenkoehler !!

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @btrevick ,

Apology for the delay in responding to your question.

@karstenkoehler would you mind sharing your advice for @btrevick ?

0 Upvotes