Email Marketing Tool

jasonrychter

Problems with contacts receiving the same email twice

SOLVE

Hello,

I am having problems with contacts receiving the same email twice at exactly the same time. I have several of my email addresses on these sends and all of them are receiving the same email 2x. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @jasonrychter, I would like to share our article here, that mention that if a contact is a member of multiple lists selected to be sent a marketing email, the recipient will only receive one copy of your email. HubSpot automatically deduplicates contacts based on their email address to avoid sending duplicate emails to the same contact.

Previous cases in marketing emails sent to a contact record , although the subject title is the same, they had two separate marketing emails altogether, could you please ensure if there are two emails with the same subject?

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real time assistance for this matter, including hopping on a screenshare if necessary. 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
CTA9
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jasonrychter,

In your case, I think you need to check the email marketing workflows, maybe two emails are triggering with the same title and content from two different workflows at the same time.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
CTA9
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @jasonrychter,

In your case, I think you need to check the email marketing workflows, maybe two emails are triggering with the same title and content from two different workflows at the same time.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
jasonrychter

SOLVE

Hi there,

You're exactly right. Thanks for letting me know.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @jasonrychter, I would like to share our article here, that mention that if a contact is a member of multiple lists selected to be sent a marketing email, the recipient will only receive one copy of your email. HubSpot automatically deduplicates contacts based on their email address to avoid sending duplicate emails to the same contact.

Previous cases in marketing emails sent to a contact record , although the subject title is the same, they had two separate marketing emails altogether, could you please ensure if there are two emails with the same subject?

I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real time assistance for this matter, including hopping on a screenshare if necessary. 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
jasonrychter

SOLVE

Hi Pam,

Thank you very much for all your help. Thankfully we have identified the issue, in that we were sending a couple different emails out with the same subject line, content, etc., but the lists were different. So isolating the list segmentation criteria solved it, so people aren't showing up in multiple lists.

0 Upvotes