Email Marketing Tool

JohnGV

Problem when clients forward my email

My company started using Hubspot almost a month ago. Since then we have been using some it´s functions like Marketing Hubspot Email, which have an usefull tool that helps with the template design of the email (Images, etc), when i send this emails the receiver gets the email as expected, until this point everything is ok but, normally this emails must be forwarded to their boss or managers that are fundamental for buying my services. The problem is that when my emails with template design are forwarded, the templates design breaks, so the key influence receives a wrong email and with this the success chance of my sales go down.

11 Replies 11
NVallejo
Participant

December 2023 and still no solution to this problem. Multi-Columns breaks whenever fowarding

SRoberson1
Participant

Seems pretty clear that Hubspot has no plans to address this known bug but instead blame end users for "their poor designs" when it's evident that users are only using the design features built into the software.  If/When PMs ever decide to prioritize a solution to this problem I would recommend not passing the fault to your users and simply removing the options to build multi-column designs if they can't be supported.

lesleyf3
Contributor

Will there ever be a solution offered for this issue?

kfavaloro
Participant

We are having the issue as well and seems to be since we switched to the drag and drop editor. The spacing is off and other pieces just don't look good. 

D617
Participant

We're having the same issues using drag and drop functionality. We always had some breakage with forwarding in other email clients, but with Hubspot it's illegible. 

LBroeker
Participant

Hi HS developers & @MFrankJohnson 

I have notices that HS regular email templates "Promotion" and "Newsletter" both break when forwarding in Gmail (apple mail and outlook render fine, no issue there). However, Gmail is most probably the most relevant ESP of any email database. 

Are you aware of this?

Will this be fixed soon? 

Many thanks!

lesleyf3
Contributor

It's concerning that you had this problem back in 2019 and I am still having this issue in 2021!

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Sounds like you've answered your own question -- i.e., you need to redesign your marketing emails to be more robust when forwarding.

Quick Tips:

-- Strategically use images so that your entire message doesn't depend on them.

-- Avoid image CTAs to anticipate forwarding (if a major consideration).

-- Ask a simple question in the email that compels each recipient to answer. This will help with both CTR and reply rates.

-- Display the 'from' email address in the salutation to clearly communicate the original sender. (see example at the end of this thread)

-- Know that email tracking stats will be disrupted by forwarded email opens and clicks.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
JohnGV

Thank you very much for your answer Frank, i will use your tips but, this doesn´t solve the problem that my emails template breaks when the email is forwarded, and i still can´t find the way to fix this, regards!

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

You're welcome @JohnGV ...

However, to be clear, the solution here is to fix your broken email template(s). The rest are recommendations to improve email conversions (when forwarding).

Based on your original description, the problem is TEMPLATE-RELATED. Email templates either render properly in a recipient email client or they don't. While forwarding can impact how an email looks, it's typically only symtomatic of deeper template issues.

Hope that helps.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
lesleyf3
Contributor

Hi Frank,

This is still an issue with HubSpot's in-built drag and drop templates. As far as I can see there is no way to edit these templates?