Email Marketing Tool

cassjoachim
Participant

Personalized token in CTA or Button

SOLVE

Hello, 

I would like to add a Personalized token to a Call to Action within an automated email template. Each contact has a unique link so we've added this link as a property field in their Conversion record. 

Hubspot doesn't seem to allow a personalization token to be added to a button or change the way the personalization token is displayed in the email. How can we make this look better? 

Cannot add token to CTA.png

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cassjoachim,

As @bsheen already pointed out, this is not possible at this stage and I'd also recommend upvoting the idea.

I wanted to highlight that you can work around the limitation by mimicking a HubSpot CTA. You would simply create a PNG file that looks like a CTA. You can then add the personalization token to the image URL.

I've recorded my screen for an example. First, I'm getting the First name personalization token from the raw HTML, then I add it to a Google search link.

cta-link.gif

If you've found this workaround helpful, let me know!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
APIANT1
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

And it also works in an auto email sequence. Just use this format in the link {{contact.email}}

APIANT1

SOLVE

It also works in snippets.

APIANT1

SOLVE

This works for me in a link in a chat bot Send message action. Maybe this is new and now it works in emails as well?

APIANT1_0-1665149916803.jpeg

SArora1

SOLVE

Hi @cassjoachim ,

<p>Here's your <a href="{{ contact.website }}">personalized link</a>.</p>.

We can use the above code as a workaround along with some CSS styling to make your Hyperlink display as a CTA .

Thanks

Swayam

Grazitti Interactive

bsheen
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @cassjoachim,

Thanks for reaching out!

At this time, it is not possible to add personalization tokens to CTAs. This is due to the way CTAs are constructed and added to marketing emails. As you’ve discovered, you can add personalization tokens into links in your email, which is what I would recommend here. You could modify the link text to something more natural for this personalized URL. Then, you can track specific link clicks through the email’s performance tab. -see Analyze your marketing email campaign performance.

I would also encourage you to add your use case and an upvote to this HubSpot Idea to further bring it to our product team's attention. 

Best,

Brendan

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @cassjoachim,

As @bsheen already pointed out, this is not possible at this stage and I'd also recommend upvoting the idea.

I wanted to highlight that you can work around the limitation by mimicking a HubSpot CTA. You would simply create a PNG file that looks like a CTA. You can then add the personalization token to the image URL.

I've recorded my screen for an example. First, I'm getting the First name personalization token from the raw HTML, then I add it to a Google search link.

cta-link.gif

If you've found this workaround helpful, let me know!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TRuiz7
Participant

SOLVE

This was an awesome work around!!! Thank you so much for posting this!

0 Upvotes
tgupta11
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler is there a way to utilize this workaround without having the link direct to a google search of the token value? I would like the link to open in the user's default web browser, rather than a google serp.

CDupuis
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler, is there a way to utilize this workaround without having the link direct to a google search of the token value?

Thanks!

EBrady0
Participant

SOLVE

This is almost exactly what i need! I'm working on an email and have created the button image and found my personalization token code. However, I need the link to open in the user's default web browser, rather than a google serp. Do you have advice or what I can use instead of "https://www.google.com/search?q=" to serve my purpose?

Thank you!

Erin

CDupuis
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @EBrady0! Did you ever find a solution for how to utilize this functionality without having the link direct to google search? I'm currently trying to solve for the same problem.

Thank you!! 

Casey