Email Marketing Tool

CBang
Participant

Personalization tokens: Internal value is shown instead of label

Hello there 🙂

Im setting up a confirmation email for an event that are happening on different dates. In the form the contact has to choose which date they want to join (drop-down field). I have inserted the field in the email as a token, so the template is:

"Hi [Name]

Thank you for registering for our event on [Date]."

However, when testing the form, it inserts the internal value in the [Date]-field rather than the label I have set, for instance I want it to insert "February 1 at 9-13". So its completely off. Why is this happening? The [Name] field is working completely fine.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Zayne
Contributor

I'm having the same issue, but with a dropdown field. I would like it to show the label and not the internal value. 

0 Upvotes
tverdokhlib1
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

Hello @CBang 

Could you please send a screenshot or explain a little bit more:

So a Contact has submitted a Form.

For instance,

First name: John

Last Name: Doe

Date: (Dropdown) - Feb 1 at 9-13 (the internal value might be - feb-1-at-9-13 or just a number like "49689451")

Is that the case? If so, it could be a bug. Although, you try to add a value and check how internal property looks like in the Property settings, perhaps it's possible to make it similar to the Name of the value.

Anton Tverdokhlib,
HubSpot Expert | RevOps & CRM & Automation Consultant

0 Upvotes
CBang
Participant

Hi @tverdokhlib1 

Sure! A Contact has submittet af form. For instance:

First name: John

Last name: Doe

Choose which training you want to join (Dropdown): February 1 at 9-13

The property 'Choose which training you want to join' is a existing property that was created for another event, but I have modified the labels to fit the specific event with trainings. I cannot update the internal values of each option, as I do not have such access, and I cannot add new options either. So I have to make use of what I already have, meaning the internal values are the old/original values (being 'Berlin, May 3'). So that means for the option John Doe selected, the label is February 1 at 9-13, but the internal value is Berlin, May 3.

So, I want the email he receives to be:

"Hi John

Thank you for registering for our event on February 1 at 9-13."

But he receives:

"Hi John

Thank you for registering for our event on Berlin, May 3."

0 Upvotes