Email Marketing Tool

mprofile
Contributor

Personalization from large list of webinars

SOLVE

Okay, the scenario is as follows:

• We are organizing a webinar week with at least 24 webinars
  • People can register to attend all the webinars they like via one Form that has a contact property (list) where they can multi select from the list of all possible webinars
  • In the confirmation email we want to display the chosen webinars as follows: Webinar 1, Webinar 2, Webinar 3
  • This works with testdata, but testing it with more serious real webinar titles which are longer reveals there is a maximum of possible characters being outputted in the mail.

What would be a way to circumvent this without possibly changing our whole way of working?

Example of the truncated text:

mprofile_1-1664288342292.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mprofile,

Thank you!

Ah, understood, you're referring to a multiple checkboxes property. Each option has a limit of 3,000 characters, which would be as much as shown below.

I tested this just now, see the property settings and the email preview for a contact with this value:

karstenkoehler_1-1664350967747.png

karstenkoehler_0-1664350927997.png

That's what's making me think that your problem is not originating in HubSpot. How exactly is the property populated? If this information is coming from another system, that process might be responsible for the truncation.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mprofile,

Are you sure that this is an issue that originates in HubSpot? Single- and multi-line-text fields have a limit of 65k characters: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/property-field-types-in-hubspot

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mprofile
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello Carsten,

Thank you for replying! And also congratulations on your 5000 accepted solutions on this forum, impressive!

Back to the case at hand, as always **bleep** is in the details. The contact property is a list (I wrote: "like via one Form that has a contact property (list) "). So the inserted field is actually concatenated by HubSpot upon rendering of the mail and it seems to have a maximum field length.

So:

mprofile_0-1664349248842.png

People can choose 1 or more of 24 potential webinars and we want to enumerate those in the confirmation email directly after registering.

Cheers

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mprofile,

Thank you!

Ah, understood, you're referring to a multiple checkboxes property. Each option has a limit of 3,000 characters, which would be as much as shown below.

I tested this just now, see the property settings and the email preview for a contact with this value:

karstenkoehler_1-1664350967747.png

karstenkoehler_0-1664350927997.png

That's what's making me think that your problem is not originating in HubSpot. How exactly is the property populated? If this information is coming from another system, that process might be responsible for the truncation.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

mprofile
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

I redid our tests and imported all 24 (working) titles, registered myself and again did a preview in HubSpot on the confirmation mail, and... it .... worked.

Always nice that if I change nothing stuff is different, but this means supposedly this is a case of Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard. 🙂

But, now a new anoying thing happens, the order is not the same anymore. I suspected the values for the webinars where at fault and changed them so that their alphabetical order (not the labels, just the values) was better. After this the displaying in the preview mail is backwards, in the right order, but backwards.

The data in the list:

mprofile_2-1664358949858.png

The data in de preview mail, exactly backwards (white spots are some visual edits by me for privacy/non-disclosure):

mprofile_1-1664358732496.png

So it seems HS enumerates all options but does so backwards? Or is this something I can influence maybe?

Cheers,

W

Cheers,

W

0 Upvotes