Email Marketing Tool

ASomchid

Personalization Token in Newsletter Failed to work after sent

Hi all,

I recently sent out a newsletter with personalization tokens in place, however, once it was sent I was notified by colleagues that their names did not show up. I previously sent a test email and there it was visible, and after I cloned the newsletter(unaltered) to see if it was visible the personalization tokens were there and once again showed up in a test email. Does anyone know what might have happened? I recently added a bunch of contacts to a list and maybe there was a delay? not sure.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
NParker5

Hi, don't worry make the personalize newsletter again because you are lagging something. As we are using personalize new letter for bgmi mod apk which is properly working. But before sending it to the client we have tested it alot. And faced the same issue like you during our testing phase then it was fixed by changing things.

0 Upvotes
jolle
Recognized Expert | Partner
Recognized Expert | Partner

Hey @ASomchid, thanks for sharing!

Were you able to get screenshots from your colleagues? It would be interesting to see if all tokens didn't populate or just specific ones.

I've personally never encountered personalization tokens working for some contacts and not others. It usually comes down to the data that has been entered into the contact record.

This probably goes without saying, but a value for the personalization property is required in order for HubSpot to populate it within the email. If there isn't a known value for the given contact, HubSpot will use the default value that you set. Is it possible that your colleague's contact records don't contain the information you were trying to populate in the email?

If your colleague's contact records do indeed contain the personalization token info and your test/preview emails look good, then I recommend reaching out to HubSpot Support to see if there's anything they're seeing. Be sure to provide the email client, device type, and browser (if applicable) that your colleagues are using so they can best troubleshoot the issue.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature