Email Marketing Tool

leckerman
Top Contributor

Personalization Token for "View this Record" in HubSpot?

SOLVE

Does anyone know how to include a link / personalization token in an automated workflow email with a link to the contact's record in HubSpot that triggered the workflow? When Hubspot sends internal notifications (like from a contact form), it includes a link in the email: "View this record" in Hubspot. Trying to figure out how to recreate this in a custom automated email. 

Thank you for your help!

2 Accepted solutions
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @leckerman. Retrieving the unique contact identifier (called the vid) is something that's available only through the Contacts API. There is no in-app option to put the vid into a token - the best you could do is direct people to a search screen with some sort of unique identifier, like an email address: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/[YOUR PORTAL ID]/contacts/list/view/all?query={CONTACT TOKEN}

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

View solution in original post

JasonMM
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

If you have defined the email as an internal email saved for automation and saved it that way (return to the email list and reopen the email) or created the email from the link in a workflow from the action step, send internal email, you will have access to the contact token called Internal Contact Record. This field is not available when you are creating a marketing email not intended for internal use.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 6.06.47 PM.png

I believe this is what you are looking for.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
cjkappen
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

This is exactly what I was looking for and would be incredibly useful to internal teams!

JasonMM
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

If you have defined the email as an internal email saved for automation and saved it that way (return to the email list and reopen the email) or created the email from the link in a workflow from the action step, send internal email, you will have access to the contact token called Internal Contact Record. This field is not available when you are creating a marketing email not intended for internal use.

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 6.06.47 PM.png

I believe this is what you are looking for.

JIrwin33
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi Jason, do you know if this option is now gone? I can't find Internal Contact Record personalization token when creating an Internal Email Notification. Thanks

JGood
Contributor

SOLVE

Does this still exist in Hubspot?  I cannot find this token in my list of choices. I'm creating an internal email from the workflow screen.

leckerman
Top Contributor

SOLVE

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thank you @JasonMM!

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi, @leckerman. Retrieving the unique contact identifier (called the vid) is something that's available only through the Contacts API. There is no in-app option to put the vid into a token - the best you could do is direct people to a search screen with some sort of unique identifier, like an email address: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/[YOUR PORTAL ID]/contacts/list/view/all?query={CONTACT TOKEN}

Vectordude
Contributor

SOLVE

Actually there is a way that you can do this easily in your own emails. you just have to use the personalization token for the contact ID and append it to the end of your url. For example, here is the code that I use for my administrative alerts

<a href="https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/[YOUR PORTAL ID]/contact/{{ contact.hs_object_id }}" rel=" noopener">View Record</a>

Yazz
Top Contributor

SOLVE

You are awesome! Just what I needed. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
leckerman
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you @bradmin! This is a great workaround. Any idea if the contact identifier "vid" token will be added to as an in-app personalization token in the future? That would be a great addition. 

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

No idea, and I'd guess "probably not". I didn't find much in the ideas forum, but I'm sure there's more than just this post asking for the functionality. [Fair warning: Even the most meritocratic of ideas can take a while to get implemented. The ideas post isn't a great resolution; it's the only one you've got outside of the workaround, unfortunately.]