Email Marketing Tool

LLade
Participant

Personalised "certificate" by email

Résolue

Relatively new to HubSpot.  Is there a functionality whereby I can send a personalised certificate (as a document attachment) to a group of course attendees from a pre-defined list (using the Hubspot name fields to populate the name on the Certificate)? If not, any suggestions of how to do this, please?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution acceptée
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Yes, @LLade, it does read that way. And while you can setup a Workflow to send an Automated Email, I do not see a way to add an attachment to that type of email. Attachments are typically added through the Sales side when you are emailing a Contact. 

Also, as the other post suggests, there isn't a way to add Hubspot's personalization to an element outside of Hubspot (the PDF). The only idea I have for you would be to possibly use Hubspot APIs to hook up to a 3rd party system that can produce the PDFs. Perhaps through calling an API you could add names to the PDFs. But that kind of system is beyond me.

Now, if we could remove the need for an attachment, I think we can make this work. If the "certificate" was a well fashioned email (that looked like a certificate) you could most certainly add Personalization to it and send it out as an Automated email in a Workflow. 

If you could code your email template like this, Custom Certificate Template using HTML and add the Hubspot personalization tokens in the right place, you could pull this off.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

6 Réponses
Crystal_Hopper
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Glad to help @LLade! Best of luck to you!

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
0 Votes
LLade
Participant

Résolue

Thanks @Crystal_Hopper !

Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Yes, @LLade, it does read that way. And while you can setup a Workflow to send an Automated Email, I do not see a way to add an attachment to that type of email. Attachments are typically added through the Sales side when you are emailing a Contact. 

Also, as the other post suggests, there isn't a way to add Hubspot's personalization to an element outside of Hubspot (the PDF). The only idea I have for you would be to possibly use Hubspot APIs to hook up to a 3rd party system that can produce the PDFs. Perhaps through calling an API you could add names to the PDFs. But that kind of system is beyond me.

Now, if we could remove the need for an attachment, I think we can make this work. If the "certificate" was a well fashioned email (that looked like a certificate) you could most certainly add Personalization to it and send it out as an Automated email in a Workflow. 

If you could code your email template like this, Custom Certificate Template using HTML and add the Hubspot personalization tokens in the right place, you could pull this off.

RDiehl6
Membre

Résolue

Hi Crystal - I am coming across this solution, and it looks promising, however, I am unable to access the original link you shared for Custom Certificate Template using HTML. Can you please reshare?

Thanks!

0 Votes
Crystal_Hopper
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi @LLade! I found another post with a similar question and a solution. Check this out and let us know if this could work or if you have more questions. 

Solved: Attach personalized document in email 

Thanks @MFrankJohnson for the post!

LLade
Participant

Résolue

Hi @Crystal_Hopper 

Thanks for this - but I think this would still require me to create seperate PDFs for each email ("Produce each personalized PDF outside of HubSpot"). I was hoping to be able to use contact properties to eg populate the name within the certificate.  Are there any workflows that can be set up that can send a personalised attachment?

Thanks!