Email Marketing Tool

matttunney
Stratege/Strategin

Per email disable identity tracking parameters

lösung

Hi

Is there anyway on a per email basis or by using a workflow that I can send a copy of a marketing email to a set of contacts, such as internal contacts, where the email does not include the [hsmi] and [hsenc] identity tracking parameters?

I have an scenario where I need to send some of my team a copy of a marketing email newsletter. My team members would then forward on the newsletter to their contacts.

With the identity tracking parameters enabled there can be issues with internal contacts details are overridden if a recipient of a forwarded email completes a form.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @matttunney,

Currently these settings don't know any nuances, they're either on or off for the entire portal. Switching them off entirely is usually not an option.

Unfortunately that does cause issues when emails are forwarded. HubSpot would interpret any activity on these emails as belonging to the original recipient.

Instead of forwarding internal marketing emails, why do you not send these marketing emails for these team members? A marketing email let's you personalize the sender from an owner property:

karstenkoehler_0-1670443884561.png

You would just have to make sure each contact has the correct contact owner: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @matttunney,

Currently these settings don't know any nuances, they're either on or off for the entire portal. Switching them off entirely is usually not an option.

Unfortunately that does cause issues when emails are forwarded. HubSpot would interpret any activity on these emails as belonging to the original recipient.

Instead of forwarding internal marketing emails, why do you not send these marketing emails for these team members? A marketing email let's you personalize the sender from an owner property:

karstenkoehler_0-1670443884561.png

You would just have to make sure each contact has the correct contact owner: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.