Email Marketing Tool

AndreasAgerlund

Override contact owner signature for marketing emails

SOLVE

I'm sending out newsletter emails for my company and try to get my personal signature right.

- I'm inserting a personalization token - contact -> contact owner (I myself is set as default user) - > signature.

However, if a contact has an owner (any of my colleagues), their signature is applied.

How do I add my own signature to newsletter emails send out to contacts that have various owners within our company?

Best regards

Andreas Petersen

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AndreasAgerlund

In this instance, its best to build the desired email signature directly into the email template, rather than using the personalisation token - then you can control the signature the recipient sees fully. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Saper
Contributor

SOLVE

This is not convenient. Instead, it is very clumsy for such a simple thing. Think this use case:

1. Each contact has their respective account managers as owners.
  2. Customer Experience Manager wants to send a marketing email to a list with his own signature to address issues in his domain.
  3. Service manager wants to send new service provisions to another list.
  4. Then why can't we simply add the sender's own signature with one click, but instead hardcode stuff to the email template?

Doesn't make sense at all. And these use cases are not rare occasions as well.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: [How to] Override contact owner signature for marketing emails?

Short A: Don't use personalization tokens.

Longer A:

Sounds like you need to remove personalization tokens and simply 'hard code' a signature at the end of your newsletter for your use case.

Personalization tokens are used to vary content according to each contact record -- while still allowing for a single default value if the personalization token property used is blank. Personalization tokens don't support multiple default values.

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AndreasAgerlund

In this instance, its best to build the desired email signature directly into the email template, rather than using the personalisation token - then you can control the signature the recipient sees fully. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes