Email Marketing Tool

NBarrance

One off email to one off list?

SOLVE

One of the things I'm finding frustrating with HubSpot is that if I wanted to import a list and send a single message to the list, an important one to customers, that I can't send it without doing something with the subscription centre, rather than simply allowing the client to unsubscribe. However to some of the audience are not on our regular lists and we won't be emailing them regularly.  I don't want to create an ad-hoc unsubscribe to the subscription centre.

Is there a way to deal with this so that I can get that important message out?

Do I create a list "Client Message" and an unsubscribe in the subscription centre "Important Client Messages" linked to that list and simply overwrite that list with the correct contacts each time I want to send a specific message?

Thanks

Nick

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @NBarrance 

I have a subscription called "Company Information" that I subscribe every contact to. I choose whatever Lists I want to send the email to but that is the subscription that I show. I don't use it often, mainly for random, one-off email blasts. It sounds like a similar situation to what you are trying to do. Does that help?

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NBarrance,

HubSpot does not force you to always add a subscription opt-in before sending an email. In the GDPR settings, there is this checkbox:

karstenkoehler_0-1648100167623.png

When not toggled, emails go out perfectly fine without any subscription type opt-in. It comes down to the question whether you'd like HubSpot to always double check that you maintained your contacts well – just to make sure not accidentally sending an email to contacts without the correct opt-in.

I see the following options for you (keep in mind that this reply does not constitute legal advice).

1. Disable the checkbox.
  2. Create a subscription type "Customer marketing" that you opt these contacts in. (This can be annoying, I know, but just consider who your CRM will grow and at some point you might be glad that HubSpot makes these extra checks.)
  3. Opt your contacts into an existing marketing subscription type.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NBarrance,

HubSpot does not force you to always add a subscription opt-in before sending an email. In the GDPR settings, there is this checkbox:

karstenkoehler_0-1648100167623.png

When not toggled, emails go out perfectly fine without any subscription type opt-in. It comes down to the question whether you'd like HubSpot to always double check that you maintained your contacts well – just to make sure not accidentally sending an email to contacts without the correct opt-in.

I see the following options for you (keep in mind that this reply does not constitute legal advice).

1. Disable the checkbox.
  2. Create a subscription type "Customer marketing" that you opt these contacts in. (This can be annoying, I know, but just consider who your CRM will grow and at some point you might be glad that HubSpot makes these extra checks.)
  3. Opt your contacts into an existing marketing subscription type.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @NBarrance 

I have a subscription called "Company Information" that I subscribe every contact to. I choose whatever Lists I want to send the email to but that is the subscription that I show. I don't use it often, mainly for random, one-off email blasts. It sounds like a similar situation to what you are trying to do. Does that help?

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.
0 Upvotes