Email Marketing Tool

MMaranga

Notification or alert when people did not receiving emails (or bounced)

SOLVE

Greetings,

Is there a way to set a notification or alert when the emails sent to the receiver? If an email bounced can it set a trigger or notification either via HubSpot or our email to track the emails that were not sent?

Hoping for your feedback on this. Thank you.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @MMaranga,

This type of automation requires workflows, available in Professional and Enterprise licenses of HubSpot. In these workflows, you would enroll contacts whose contact property Email hard bounce reason is known, followed by an internal email notification.

Without workflows, you can't send notifications (at least not in HubSpot, more below). However, you can still create an active list or saved view in the CRM. In both cases, you'd filter for the contact property Email hard bounce reason is known. This list or view could be something that you check on a regular basis.

For a notification solution outside of HubSpot, you could use the integration with Zapier. Zapier can automate a variety of actions. You would trigger an email send from the email service provider of your choice (e.g. Gmail) whenever a contact joins a list (the one from my previous paragraph).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMaranga,

Correct, contacts can only join a list once. This workaround would be limited in that regard.

However, HubSpot will automatically suppress hard bounced contacts from future marketing email sends. A contact cannot hard bounce multiple times in HubSpot. If a contact cannot bounce multiple times, there wouldn't be any need for multiple notifications either.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMaranga,

Correct, contacts can only join a list once. This workaround would be limited in that regard.

However, HubSpot will automatically suppress hard bounced contacts from future marketing email sends. A contact cannot hard bounce multiple times in HubSpot. If a contact cannot bounce multiple times, there wouldn't be any need for multiple notifications either.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

OAskarov
Participant

SOLVE

Hello karstenkoehler,

I have a workflow with 22 emails. I want to check if each on of these emails was Bounced back?

I created an active list and filtered the contacts to join this list if:

The [Email name] was sent to the contact

AND

Email hard bounce reason is Known

As you mentioned above.

Then I enroll new contacts added to this list to a new workflow I created and send an internal notification.

Does that sound like the right way to do it?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @MMaranga,

This type of automation requires workflows, available in Professional and Enterprise licenses of HubSpot. In these workflows, you would enroll contacts whose contact property Email hard bounce reason is known, followed by an internal email notification.

Without workflows, you can't send notifications (at least not in HubSpot, more below). However, you can still create an active list or saved view in the CRM. In both cases, you'd filter for the contact property Email hard bounce reason is known. This list or view could be something that you check on a regular basis.

For a notification solution outside of HubSpot, you could use the integration with Zapier. Zapier can automate a variety of actions. You would trigger an email send from the email service provider of your choice (e.g. Gmail) whenever a contact joins a list (the one from my previous paragraph).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

MMaranga

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thanks, I tested the process you mentioned in creating an active list in HubSpot and setting a trigger in Zapier. Upon checking, here are my findings:

- Since the trigger available only for Zapier is when a new contact is added to the list, if the contact that is already added on the list will be sent an email and it bounces, it will not notify since they are not a new contact correct? I've tested this and it only notifies new contacts.

- In reference to the statement above, is there a workaround to notify even if the contact is already on the list but emails are still bounced?

Thank you.

0 Upvotes