Email Marketing Tool

Amaycol3

Non-marketing Contacts on Dynamic List

SOLVE

Hello - I have a small subset of people who need to be sent an email update once per quarter but not be included on other marketing emails. So they have a property that puts them on a dynamic list (customer property called "Investor" in this case) but they are also being set as a non-marketing contact. Will they still be included on the list and receive that email when its sent? The others on the list are marketing contacts and the list is, again, built off the custom propery. 

If this is not the right way to set this up, would it then work if they were on a static list? 

Thank you!  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Amaycol3,

The type of list is actually relevant here. If you want to send marketing emails, they have to be marketing contacts. It's not possible to bypass this.

If contacts are non-marketing contacts, HubSpot will simply exclude them from the marketing email send, even if they're on the recipient list.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Amaycol3,

The type of list is actually relevant here. If you want to send marketing emails, they have to be marketing contacts. It's not possible to bypass this.

If contacts are non-marketing contacts, HubSpot will simply exclude them from the marketing email send, even if they're on the recipient list.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.