Email Marketing Tool

mariamarketing
Participante

Multiple subscription types for industry

resolver

Hi,

I'm wanting to set up marketing newsletters for each of the industries we serve, e.g. healthcare specific, hospitality specific, agriculture specific. We have some lists already for this, but I'm not sure how to get people to sign-up to the list they want themselves (segment themselves Piscadela do Smiley)

We already have a "master" marketing list.

I could make a form that's mapped to industry type but I want to send it to those who are already subscribed, so I'm worried it will create a duplicate instead of merging with the record, then i'd have to connect it to the email subscription type somehow.

Or do I just have to make some custom subscription types e.g. next to one-and-one, marketing emails, etc. This doesn't seem right.

Is there a better way of doing this? I tried to search around but I'm not really sure!

Thank you!

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
Kim_HM
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @mariamarketing , 

Good question! 

I would recommend that you create a form where someone can indicate their preferences. That way someone can also sign up for two industries, for example.

You can then share this form with the people who are already on the list by e-mail. If the form submission uses an email address already associated with a contact record, or if the submission is done in a browser with tracking cookies tied to an existing contact record, it will update the existing contact record and not create a new one.

When a visitor arrives at the HubSpot form, HubSpot checks the visitor's browser for tracking cookies. If this cookie is associated to a contact, HubSpot pre-populates fields on the HubSpot form with known values by pulling the information from their record. So if these contacts have accepted cookie tracking on your website or previously submitted a form, they don't even need to fill out their email themselves. 

Hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Kim

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
Kim_HM
Solução

resolver

Hi @mariamarketing , 

Good question! 

I would recommend that you create a form where someone can indicate their preferences. That way someone can also sign up for two industries, for example.

You can then share this form with the people who are already on the list by e-mail. If the form submission uses an email address already associated with a contact record, or if the submission is done in a browser with tracking cookies tied to an existing contact record, it will update the existing contact record and not create a new one.

When a visitor arrives at the HubSpot form, HubSpot checks the visitor's browser for tracking cookies. If this cookie is associated to a contact, HubSpot pre-populates fields on the HubSpot form with known values by pulling the information from their record. So if these contacts have accepted cookie tracking on your website or previously submitted a form, they don't even need to fill out their email themselves. 

Hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Kim

mariamarketing
Participante

resolver

Thanks Kim, I'm going to try that. 🙂