Email Marketing Tool

CZerbey

Multiple email opens with 0 milisecond duration

SOLVE

I sent marketing emails and when exporting the recipient list within the email to see who opened/clicked, I have some folks who have opened the email numerous times. Still, the open duration was 0 (one person appeared to have opened the email 16 times but with 0 duration for each open). 

Does anyone have an idea why? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CZerbey,

Some email clients and service providers check incoming emails to prevent the risk of fraud, spam etc. Some also try to camouflage human opens behind a bot open. It sounds like that's what you're experiencing. The checks are loading the email contents in a safe environment before the email is passed on to the end user – making it look to HubSpot as if the email was opened by a human.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
CZerbey

SOLVE

Thank you so much Karsten! I thought something like that could be behind the odd data but wasn't sure. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CZerbey,

Some email clients and service providers check incoming emails to prevent the risk of fraud, spam etc. Some also try to camouflage human opens behind a bot open. It sounds like that's what you're experiencing. The checks are loading the email contents in a safe environment before the email is passed on to the end user – making it look to HubSpot as if the email was opened by a human.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CZerbey

SOLVE

Actually - one more question. Bot filtering is on in the email - would that not prevent the issue with multiple opens but no duration?

0 Upvotes