Email Marketing Tool

JW3
Contributor

Multiple Internal HubSpot IDs per Email

My emails have several internal HubSpot IDs. Why would that be, and how can I make sure each email only has one Internal HubSpot ID? I'd like to be able to track them via Google Analytics' Ad Content dimension, and I'm hoping to only have to track one ID per email.

9 Replies 9
LudaD
Participant

Hello,

just following up on this as still confused with the multiple Internal Hubspot IDs issue.

as example, e-mail was not split into separate sends within it (as smart send etc) and it still gets multiple Internal Hubspot IDs on details view

em-ids.JPG

I have  the form that picks up Internal Hubspot ID in utm_content parameter and in case of the above e-mail it picks a number that is not even on the list of these multiple IDs.. 

em-utm.JPG

Where does it take this number from?

Our aim is to simply be able to see from the form submission which e-mail has brought it. 

Is there such a way? (we have a form_track parameter on now, but it requiers manual url editing for each e-mail, so very time consuming)

assumption was Internal Hubspot ID does it, but there is no way of finding this number easily unless creating a report and munally looking for it. Now with multiple IDs on one e-mail send and having completely unrelated number on utm_content all got more confusing.

from one of the replies above - unique e-mail campaign url is in this format https://app.hubspot.com/email/5138252/details/39026077566/performance - is there a way to track this number 39026077566/ via any property that can be placed on the form?

Hope someone can help..

Thanks

Lyudmyla

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JW3,

Can you please provide some additional information in regards to where you are seeing multiple IDs, what you are expecting to see, and what your end goal is. 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JW3
Contributor

@jennysowyrda Here's more detail, hope this helps!

If I go to Marketing - Email, then click on one of our automated emails, then click "See details," and look at the bottom of the Email details sidebar, I see three different 8-digit numbers under "Internal HubSpot ID."

We often have multiple emails per campaign. I would like to be able to see analytics broken down by specific email in Google Analytics. I haven't been able to find a clear way to do this, other than by using the Internal HubSpot ID, since I know that HubSpot transfers the Internal HubSpot ID as the 'Ad Content' value in Google Analytics. I expected there to be just one Internal HubSpot ID per email, but there are several, which makes seeing the analytics for each email in a campaign difficult. These emails / campaigns are part of workflows that are continuously active.

1) What causes the emails to have multiple Internal HubSpot IDs? How are they assigned?

2) Is there any other way to easily break analytics down by individual email in Google Analytics?

jhuddles
Participant

Doesn't seem like this was ever answered, but I have the same issue – Having multiple emails in a single campaign gets extremely difficult to track when each email also has 2 or more Internal Hubspot IDs.

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 2.49.03 PM.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @jhuddles,

Apologies for this conversation moving to other outlets. 

To provide a bit more information on why the internal HubSpot ID can have multiple IDs: 

Internal HubSpot ID: refers to the campaignID you would see within the Email Events API.

Whereas, the groupID is used to group together separate campaignId's for a single email. One email can have multiple campaignID's, or multiple Internal HubSpot IDs, (for example a smart send email) and each campaignID refers to a single send of an email.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Thanks for that explanation @jennysowyrda. Just to clarify, does this mean there's no unique internal email-specific ID we can use to identify each HubSpot Marketing Email?

Again, thanks for the info.

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

#hsc-li-05

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MFrankJohnson,

In terms of the IDs available through the email sends, that is correct. The url of the email will contain a unique ID per email.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

>>"The url of the email will contain a unique ID per email."

??

Best,
Frank

Chief HubSpot Consultant

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Perfect HubSpot Series | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MFrankJohnson,

The content ID, which is the ID in the url of the page, will not change and will be unique to the email you are working in. For example, in the url https://app.hubspot.com/email/123456/details789101112/performance,

the 789101112 is the content ID unique to the specific email you are looking at. (The 123456 would be the portal ID)

If that doesn't make sense, please let me know-I want to ensure I'm answering questions and not causing more. 🙂 

Thanks,
Jenny