Email Marketing Tool

laniemae2608
Participant

Multiple Email Opens -- Forward?

SOLVE

In almost every campaign we send we have contacts that open a single email mulitple times. Do we happen to know if this is may be telling us that the email was FWD on to someone else in the org and opened? 

Is there any tracking that can be done to figure out who those opens were, if they are not in our HubSpot system? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @laniemae2608 

Email open tracking is notoriously unreliable and you can't assume that multiple opens indicated forwards. Different mailbox systems do different things and some will trigger multiple (lots even) of opens while performing security checks.

I've not heard of anything that can improve email open reporting. Best thing to do is use a range of metrics to determine success. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MrFish319

SOLVE

So I understand the number of opens are unreliable but the most I ever see are consistentlt 30 per contact.  Is that number capped?  

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @laniemae2608 

Email open tracking is notoriously unreliable and you can't assume that multiple opens indicated forwards. Different mailbox systems do different things and some will trigger multiple (lots even) of opens while performing security checks.

I've not heard of anything that can improve email open reporting. Best thing to do is use a range of metrics to determine success. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
laniemae2608
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you, Phil!

0 Upvotes