Email Marketing Tool

NicRaw1
Membre

Misleading error message wrt "Tracking data is not available for this email"

Résolue

Good day, we've noticed an error message popping up on the timeline of contacts like so:

> Tracking data is not available for this email

> Darry Baers chose to log this email but not track it. Learn more

The e-mails in question are sent by a tool that we run internally at our company, the tool sends with a from address of the user (in this example Darry Baers) and blind copies the hub (portal_id@bcc.hubspot.com). So it makes sense that they show up in the timeline, but the error is misleading. Darry Baers did not "chose to log this email but not track it".

Is there anything that we can do about this misleading error? Either by adding some condition that stops if from showing or otherwise?

Thanks in advance,

Nic.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
jennysowyrda
Solution
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @NicRaw1,

Thank you for sending the sreenshot along! That is a system generated message and therefore cannot be customized. As the system is reading the email as being logged but not tracked (and not aware of the specifics for this situation), that is why the message is populating. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

0 Votes
6 Réponses
jennysowyrda

Résolue

Hi @NicRaw1,

If it is a system generated error message, it cannot be customized. 

If you can send along a screenshot of the error, I can confirm this. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Votes
NicRaw1
Membre

Résolue

Screenshot 2019-10-25 at 10.09.38.png

0 Votes
jennysowyrda
Solution

Résolue

Hi @NicRaw1,

Thank you for sending the sreenshot along! That is a system generated message and therefore cannot be customized. As the system is reading the email as being logged but not tracked (and not aware of the specifics for this situation), that is why the message is populating. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Votes
RT73
Participant

Résolue

We find this notification to be of little value to our users and wish we could just have a setting to hide it.  We would much rather see the first few lines of the email...

0 Votes
kvlschaefer

Résolue

Hi @RT73,

Thank you for your feedback!

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
fitzpb
Membre

Résolue

I am experiencing the same error.  But my e-mails are not actually being tracked despite me clicking on the "Track" button in Gmail.  When I send the e-mail via CRM it tracks fine, but it's not working in Gmail.  I've uninstalled the Chrome extension mulitiple times.  I'm going bonkers trying to fix it.  Thanks for any help!