Email Marketing Tool

MegErasmus
Participant

Marketing unsubscribed customer not receiving sales and CRM mails

SOLVE

I'm having an issue I'm sure many users have:

When customers/leads unsubscribe from our marketing emails it stops us being able to email them through the sales/CRM side of things. Customers miss vital product mails as a result. A few I have contacted don't even realise this when we call to ask them to resubscribe just to the 'product news' (the field we created for this issue) because they thought it was just for the blog and newsletter.

Is there some way around this (BESIDES signing up to HS Transactional Mails?)? Or are there any suggestions on what we could try? We have too many contacts to manually phone and ask people to resubscribe and typically people just don't.

1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @MegErasmus,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

This is currently the expected behavior for the tool, however I was informed that our development team is discussing what we want this to be in the future.  I don't know if/when any changes will be made to allow sending emails to contacts if they're opted out of email communication, but as soon as our development team is able to provide an update, I'll be sure to pass it along here.  In the meantime, your sales users should still be able to send emails to the contacts from Gmail, and use the "Log in CRM" feature in the Hubspot Sales Chrome Extension.

I'll be in touch when I know more.

Thanks,

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @MegErasmus,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question.

This is currently the expected behavior for the tool, however I was informed that our development team is discussing what we want this to be in the future.  I don't know if/when any changes will be made to allow sending emails to contacts if they're opted out of email communication, but as soon as our development team is able to provide an update, I'll be sure to pass it along here.  In the meantime, your sales users should still be able to send emails to the contacts from Gmail, and use the "Log in CRM" feature in the Hubspot Sales Chrome Extension.

I'll be in touch when I know more.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
MegErasmus
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Brett,

Thanks so much for your response - that is currently the workaround we use (or they 'cc' in HS) -  but it hurts client retention as they don't receive new feature alerts etc that are communicated via marketing. 

I understand why the default is what it is, but hopefully now that they have grown to include the CRM and Sales it's something that can be looked at!

Keep well and thanks again,

Meg

0 Upvotes