Email Marketing Tool

CaptainRice
Participant

Marketing -> Email option does not show Marketing Contacts

SOLVE

I imported, cleaned up about 500+ contacts in paid Marketing Hub. I marked them as "Marketing Contacts".

I created a nice email from Marketing -> Email. However, when I go to pick receipients, the Marketing Contacts option is not shown. Only the lists that I imported (which is dirty, I had cleaned it up) is shown.

I want to send that email to my "Marketing Contacts". How can I do this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CaptainRice,

HubSpot will automatically exclude contacts that aren't marketing contacts. Also, in the Recipients tab of the email, you can only select contacts or lists. You can't filter for characteristics like the marketing contact status.

In other words, you would have to create a new active list under Menu > Contacts > Lists. In this list, you would filter for List membership in your previously imported list AND Marketing contact status (under Contact properties). Once you save this list, you can use it as a recipient list in your email.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CaptainRice,

HubSpot will automatically exclude contacts that aren't marketing contacts. Also, in the Recipients tab of the email, you can only select contacts or lists. You can't filter for characteristics like the marketing contact status.

In other words, you would have to create a new active list under Menu > Contacts > Lists. In this list, you would filter for List membership in your previously imported list AND Marketing contact status (under Contact properties). Once you save this list, you can use it as a recipient list in your email.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.