Marketing email sent considered as phishing

Vinzz
Participant

Hello

I tried to send an email campaign this morning, but it appears in spam folder as a phishing in both Outlook and Gmail 

spam.PNG

how can it be corrected ? 

Thanks in advance !

16 Replies 16
mk111
Participant

I have the same issue, and all of the marketing material is going into junk for gmail.

Hope there is a solution

dlozano
Contributor

Same problem here... It's happening with our company email and our personal email. Please fix this ASAP!

mk111
Participant

Well this is an email I got from a corporate account executive when trying to explain the problem. 

"Ok, thanks. Sorry about that - I haven't had a customer run into this issue before.

How do you build things like landing pages today? Could trigger-based email workflows help you book more sales appointments? If you'd be interested in discussing Marketing Hub Professional, let me know. I have access to some end-of-year discounting for that product.
 Best,
Jay"

I don't think we can resolve this matter.. unless you update to the marketing pro (800$/month) and change your sending domain email...

This is beyond upsetting I find.. Refund anyone??
0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @mk111@Vinzz, and @dlozano,

If the issue is specific to marketing emails, the best first step is going to be connecting an email sending domain

If this does not solve your problem, I would recommend reaching out to HubSpot Technical Support. If you have marketing emails included in your subscription, you should have access to Support, and they will be able to work with this issue specifically in your portal. 

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
mk111
Participant

ok, but this is only for Pro Marketing, what about all of us that just bought the Marketing starter and dont have access to email sending domain ?

0 Upvotes
Mike_Donnelly
Top Contributor

Hi @Vinzz - There are numerous things that can cause this which include the content / links in your email or that you've been put into the penalty box by Google due to a poor domain reputation.

dlozano
Contributor
Actually, I tried sending an email with no links at all, and my clients and us are still getting it on the Spam folder. What else can we do?
0 Upvotes
Mike_Donnelly
Top Contributor

@dlozano Are you on Marketing Free / Starter?  

0 Upvotes
dlozano
Contributor
I'm in marketing starter
0 Upvotes
Vinzz
Participant

Hello and thanks for your comments. 

I've reached Hubspot support that told me they are working on this problem, but without knowing when it will be solved. 

I've tried with very simple emails, and I can conclude that the problem come from Hubspot, not my email. 

I am only in marketing starter so I cannot connect an email sending domain. 

0 Upvotes
dlozano
Contributor

Good to know @Vinzz. I had a conversation last week with HubSpot support as well and they told me they would reach me by email once they solved the problem. Still waiting oin their response as well.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi all,

I appreciate the updates you've been sharing here! Thank you!

For anyone else who finds this thread, I just want to confirm the Technical Support team is aware of this matter and is investigating this issue. 

Thank you,

Jenny

dlozano
Contributor

Good to know @jennysowyrda!

Do keep us updated please! We rely heavily on getting our message across our customers through this tool.

Thank you

0 Upvotes
mk111
Participant

This is great! thank you for investigating and hopefully there is a solution. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

I will definitely let you know as updates become available.

There is also a status update on status.hubspot.com which you can monitor to get real time updates.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi all,

Just to update you the issue has been marked as resolved by our team, so you should be all set moving forward.

Thank you,
Jenny