Email Marketing Tool

Dotty
Participant

Marketing email did not work

SOLVE

I tried sending marketing email (using provided template) many times, but they didn't get sent out, even though status displayed as "Sent".  "Send to more" also did not work.  Hubspot only sent email when I used "Send test email".  
This is because I am using free plan?

before sendingbefore sendingshown as sent, but email was not really sent.shown as sent, but email was not really sent.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Dotty  👋🏼,

I've just taken a look into your portal to help check this out for you! Looking at this particular email, it seems like you chose to resend the same email to the same 3 contacts. To share more, the system will exclude contacts whom you have already sent the original email to, in effort to prevent the spamming or flooding of the same email multiple times. This is across all subscriptions, and is not because you're on a free plan.

If you refer to the screenshot below, you can see that if you choose to resend the marketing email to the exact same contacts again, the system will exclude them in subsequent sends:Resending marketing emailsResending marketing emails

This is also mentioned as you select to "Send to more" as it states that Contacts selected as recipients for the original email won't be included in this send:Send to moreSend to more

Hope this helps clarify things for you! 🙂

View solution in original post

sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @HernandoGaitan,

I'm taking a look at this now and @JustinPerkinsC is actually correct! 🙂 If we take a look at the reasons why these 100 contacts on the list were not sent the email:

Email not sent reasonEmail not sent reason

If we dig deeper into this, it means that because GDPR is switched on in your portal and the checkbox is set to only allow marketing emails to be sent to contacts who have a legal basis to communicate, unless these contacts have subscription consent, you cannot email them.

GDPRGDPR

You can take the following steps to get to this setting:

• In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
  • In the left sidebar menu, select Account Defaults
  • Click to toggle the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) switch on. To only send marketing emails to contacts with a legal basis to communicate, select the Only allow marketing emails to be sent to contacts who have a legal basis to communicate checkbox.
  • Click Save.

Solution:

You can take the steps here: Manage your contacts' subscriptions to add subscriptions to your list of contacts. Essentially, you would want to filter for the list membership on your main contact page > bulk select > more > Edit communication subscriptions

Subscription EditSubscription Edit

Hope this helps! 🙂

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @Dotty  👋🏼,

I've just taken a look into your portal to help check this out for you! Looking at this particular email, it seems like you chose to resend the same email to the same 3 contacts. To share more, the system will exclude contacts whom you have already sent the original email to, in effort to prevent the spamming or flooding of the same email multiple times. This is across all subscriptions, and is not because you're on a free plan.

If you refer to the screenshot below, you can see that if you choose to resend the marketing email to the exact same contacts again, the system will exclude them in subsequent sends:Resending marketing emailsResending marketing emails

This is also mentioned as you select to "Send to more" as it states that Contacts selected as recipients for the original email won't be included in this send:Send to moreSend to more

Hope this helps clarify things for you! 🙂

HernandoGaitan

SOLVE

Hello!
I have tried several ways to send marketing emails with the new functionality (which looks excellent!); I have tried it with an existing list of 2000 contacts, and with another one of 100 contacts, but the result is always the same: 0 sends. I've been seeing some messages like this, and apparently this situation has nothing to do with me using the free plan. I also don't have a quarantined contact list. I really don't know what could be happening. I thank you in advance for your valuable help!

0 Upvotes
sttang
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Heya @HernandoGaitan!

Can you perhaps let me know a little more details on this for me to help you look into things? Your portal's ID and the list name would be helpful 🙂

0 Upvotes
HernandoGaitan

SOLVE

Hi!! Thanks for your quick answer!!

Our Hubspot ID is  711022

I've trying many ways, with a reduced list of 100, also another with near 1800 contacts, but te result is always the same: 0 sent!!Smiley Sad

Intento de envío .jpg

0 Upvotes
JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

What are the reasons listed against the 100 who didn't get the email in the bottom section? It should tell you why it failed if you click into that category. Typically if it goes into that bucket I am seeing things such as, known bad emails, server issues, un-engaged contacts, etc. You should be able to see hopefully a bit more clearly why those contacts failed.

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
HernandoGaitan

SOLVE

Hi Justin!!

I am not sure if you are talking about the reports of the bottom, they are not accesible with my free version of hubspot.I enclose screenshots...

Thanks!1.png2.png

0 Upvotes
JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hey,

Ah, not sure if this is or isn't available in the product sadly. But the second screenshot (not the report sections themselves, or the reporting tools),  can yo click where is said "No enviado" with the number 100 next to it? Or is that section not available on the free version? That should (if you have access) have details on specifically why the emails were not sent to each individual on the list here. 

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
sttang
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hey @HernandoGaitan,

I'm taking a look at this now and @JustinPerkinsC is actually correct! 🙂 If we take a look at the reasons why these 100 contacts on the list were not sent the email:

Email not sent reasonEmail not sent reason

If we dig deeper into this, it means that because GDPR is switched on in your portal and the checkbox is set to only allow marketing emails to be sent to contacts who have a legal basis to communicate, unless these contacts have subscription consent, you cannot email them.

GDPRGDPR

You can take the following steps to get to this setting:

• In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
  • In the left sidebar menu, select Account Defaults
  • Click to toggle the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) switch on. To only send marketing emails to contacts with a legal basis to communicate, select the Only allow marketing emails to be sent to contacts who have a legal basis to communicate checkbox.
  • Click Save.

Solution:

You can take the steps here: Manage your contacts' subscriptions to add subscriptions to your list of contacts. Essentially, you would want to filter for the list membership on your main contact page > bulk select > more > Edit communication subscriptions

Subscription EditSubscription Edit

Hope this helps! 🙂

HernandoGaitan

SOLVE

Yea!!! great!! finally I have sent results!! Thanks a lot!!

0 Upvotes