Email Marketing Tool

Carrie1450

Marketing Lists excluding contacts

SOLVE

New to Hubspot Marketing and when creating a new list to send an email, certain contacts are being excluded.

These are newly created contacts so havent been excluded due to opt-out or bounces. Hav confirmed contact record contains neccesary fields for them to be included. Any ideas? TIA

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Carrie1450 

Could it be that the emails you're trying to send have the "Don't send to unengaged contacts"?  Here's a quick article to understand what is graymail and how it could be affecting you:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/what-is-graymail-and-how-can-i-avoid-sendin...

Here's where to access that control on your emails:  Marketing > Email > Select Email > Recipients 

Edit Email _ Beyond Big Data Webinar - Registration Email 1 - Google Chrome 2019-03-19 18.21.23.png

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

@Carrie1450 Glad to hear it!  If this truly resolved your issue would you mind marking as the solution so that other users can find this as well?

I do want to just double check on your newly create contacts as @MFrankJohnson stated as the unengaged setting shouldn't affect that.  But if the unengaged contacts was truly the problem and you got it fixed, I'm glad to hear it!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @Carrie1450 

Could it be that the emails you're trying to send have the "Don't send to unengaged contacts"?  Here's a quick article to understand what is graymail and how it could be affecting you:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/what-is-graymail-and-how-can-i-avoid-sendin...

Here's where to access that control on your emails:  Marketing > Email > Select Email > Recipients 

Edit Email _ Beyond Big Data Webinar - Registration Email 1 - Google Chrome 2019-03-19 18.21.23.png

0 Upvotes
Carrie1450

SOLVE

Thanks @Bryantworks that was really helpful! Have solved the issue - cheers 🙂 

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Saying it's 'solved' without any explanation isn't very helpful ...

Good luck on your HubSpot projects.
#nlmtt, #nlmtu

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Carrie1450

SOLVE

Thanks @MFrankJohnson if you read the thread you'll see that @Bryantworks link was what helped me solve the issue. Appreciate your comment.

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>"If you read the thread ..."

Unfortunately, that's precisely the problem ... when read "as is" it's either misreported or nonsensical ... or both!

Q: "New to Hubspot Marketing and when creating a new list to send an email, certain contacts are being excluded.  These are newly created contacts so havent been excluded due to opt-out or bounces. Hav confirmed contact record contains neccesary fields for them to be included. Any ideas? TIA"

So which is it --

-1- Unengaged contacts? (i.e., originally misreported because new contacts CANNOT QUALIFY as 'unengaged')

OR

-2- High opt-out/bounce rate? (i.e., new contacts CAN opt-out or bounce, so ...)

Finally, the goal here is to offer assistance identifying root causes (when possible). Again, as originally stated, simply saying 'solved' with no clear indication as to the root cause isn't very helpful.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

@Carrie1450 Glad to hear it!  If this truly resolved your issue would you mind marking as the solution so that other users can find this as well?

I do want to just double check on your newly create contacts as @MFrankJohnson stated as the unengaged setting shouldn't affect that.  But if the unengaged contacts was truly the problem and you got it fixed, I'm glad to hear it!

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Note: "newly created contacts" wouldn't qualify as 'unengaged' ...
Need to see a screenshot of the list criteria.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Good catch @MFrankJohnson !  Just trying to look for other potential hiccups while we wait for a screenshot or listing of the criteria.

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

We hear you @Bryantworks ...

Sometimes those screenshots take a while ... 

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Need to see a screenshot of the list criteria please.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com