Marketing Hub Starter - Email going to Junk/ Spam

New Contributor

I have just registered for Marketing Hub Starter and I am testing my first campaign email to about 300 people. I have done a test to 6 people including myself. All emails ended in junk or spam with the exception of one. When retrieved from junk/spam, the email was without the template formatting. I have connected my outlook email to HubSpot, and everything seems to be ok from that perspective. I am looking to see if anyone knows how to fix this issue. 

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hi @oana,

Are you sending out a marketing email or a sales email? 

For marketing emails, there are an abundance of resources discussing how to keep your marketing emails out of the junk folder. Here are a few: 

1. Understanding Email deliverability

2. How can I improve my email deliverability

3. A marketer's guide to email deliverability

For sales emails (1:1 emails that are sent from your personal email address and are associated with Outlook), the deliverability will be similar to when you email someone from Outlook (without HubSpot). Having them add your email to the address book is always a good first step.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

It's marketing emails. With the Hub Starter, you don't get to send emails from your own domain - you send them from a "common HubSpot email", and the deliverability is not as high as my Mail Chimp deliverability for example. Actually, it's quite low. The email template used followed all guidelines. Short, to the point to engaged subscribers.  I think this should be clearly explained to all who purchase the Marketing Hub Starter. Either give access to send emails from own domain or don't sell the product. But it's my understanding that this product was just launched a few months ago, so maybe things will sort out in the future. 

Thank you, 

Oana