Email Marketing Tool

DRiep
Participant

Marketing Emails are being sent to people NOT on the list

Hello HubSpot Community,

We have a contact list that we sent an email to and when we check the list of recipients, there were people that received the email that were never on the initial list.

How is this possible?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @DRiep,

Could you please provide more context? How many contacts do you estimate are affected (total and %)? Are you on a paid subscription?

Is the recipient list a static or active? If it's static, might someone have remove contacts from the list in the meantime? If it's active, could a contact have left the list in the meantime as they're not fulfilling the criteria anymore? The property history of a contact record can help with checking whether a contact left a list.

You're explicitly saying 'initial list', did someone potentially use the 'Send to more' feature?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DRiep
Participant

Hello Karsten,

We imported 2,100 contacts as a static list. When created it only ended up being a static list of 2,074 contacts which we attached to a marketing email. After sending the email I compared the contacts from the initial contact list to the contacts the email was actually sent. The results are as follows...

2,074 Attached List

1,373 Sent 

1,363 Delivered

93 people received the email that were never on the original list.

The "send to more" was not used.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @DRiep,

Just to better understand, how do you know those 93 were not on the original list? Did you create a list from the email recipients tab and compared it with the original list?

(The numbers you shared are not enough to confirm / troubleshoot.)

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DRiep
Participant

I exported the email list for "Sent" contacts and compared it to the static list in excel. There were 93 emails on the sent list that were not on the static list used for emailing. 

0 Upvotes