Email Marketing Tool

Eric-Ott
Participant

Many to One Causing Enumeration Error

SOLVE

I am trying to import contacts with Many to One in the "Markets" property (I.e.;Medical;Space;Industrial) but keep running into an enumeration error that says they don't match existing options defined for this property. This property is also attached to a form that has a multiple checkbox option for Markets, including the values I have on my import. They are all spelled the same and are included in the property, they just won't import.

How can I import these values without the enumeration error?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Eric-Ott,

Are you using the label or the internal value? They might not match exactly and that could cause an error, see the example property below:

karstenkoehler_0-1619444070419.png

Is the error occurring for all contacts or just some of them?

Also, just to be 100% safe, the property is a multiple checkboxes property, not a radio select, correct?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Eric-Ott ,

Enumeration errors can be tricky because the import has to be the exact option from the file into hubspot. As you can see in this knowledge base article here that the value of an enumeration option must match exactly to what you are looking for. Therefore, if the import is showing as an error that there would be an incorrect value that is not mapping across. However, as I can't see the file that you are importing I can't say exactly what the error is.

My suggestion would be to look at the file and the property options and make sure they match up to each other exactly once you do this then the import should work as expected.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Eric-Ott ,

Enumeration errors can be tricky because the import has to be the exact option from the file into hubspot. As you can see in this knowledge base article here that the value of an enumeration option must match exactly to what you are looking for. Therefore, if the import is showing as an error that there would be an incorrect value that is not mapping across. However, as I can't see the file that you are importing I can't say exactly what the error is.

My suggestion would be to look at the file and the property options and make sure they match up to each other exactly once you do this then the import should work as expected.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @Eric-Ott,

Are you using the label or the internal value? They might not match exactly and that could cause an error, see the example property below:

karstenkoehler_0-1619444070419.png

Is the error occurring for all contacts or just some of them?

Also, just to be 100% safe, the property is a multiple checkboxes property, not a radio select, correct?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.