Email Marketing Tool

donrua
トップ投稿者

Manually create url tracking links vs Email tracking automation in settings

解決

Can someone explain the difference or best practice between manually creating tracking links using the  HS url tracking builder, vs the settings at Settings > Marketing > Email > Tracking, which can be turned on to automaticaly build paramaters for tracking all links in HS emails?

I inherited many email compaigns that the previous manager had been using url builder to manually create 12 links per issue, every issue, and then pasting them in from the url builder to the email editor. If I just used the original links (i.e. a link to a blog post) shouldn't the global settings automatically tag it so I can see all the granular data I need?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Daniel_Bleich
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi donrua,

Usually using UTM for tracking is for external links coming to your website so you can see their source.

In Hubspot once you turn on the option like you did in the question you will be able to see in each email the links that were clicked and by whom, which is much more than you will get by using UTMs.

IMO use UTMs for tracking external and use the HS system for all the internal links.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

元の投稿で解決策を見る

2件の返信
Daniel_Bleich
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi donrua,

Usually using UTM for tracking is for external links coming to your website so you can see their source.

In Hubspot once you turn on the option like you did in the question you will be able to see in each email the links that were clicked and by whom, which is much more than you will get by using UTMs.

IMO use UTMs for tracking external and use the HS system for all the internal links.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniel Bleichman
Marketing | AudioCodes

Danielbleichman@gmail.com
Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Ben_M
キーアドバイザー

解決

Depends on how granular you want to get.  For instance, if you link to the same thing multiple times, you may need to manually tag those to tell whether someone clicked the link at the top of the email as opposed to the bottom.  Otherwise, there is not much of a difference going to the default link tracking.