Email Marketing Tool

Jonnydk
Top Contributor

Managing multiple newsletters

SOLVE

We are looking to send multiple newsletters through HubSpot. What is the best way to achieve this?

1. An embedded form on our website

2. Checkboxes per newsletter 

3. Add a subscription per newsletter

4.  Add that member to a smart list per newsletter and add the corresponding subscription

What happens is a user sign up for newsletter 1 and then a week later signs up for newsletter 2?  Will the first newsletter be removed? I am assuming no because the user will be part of a smart list, correct?

What is the best way to do this? 

Thanks Heart

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jonnydk,

How you've explained it is how I would do it. I would have a form that allows individuals to subscribe to each individual email. If you set the criteria for the active list accordingly, they won't be removed.

The other thing I would consider is a specific unsubscribe form that would allow them to unsubscribe from the emails individually as opposed to not hearing from you altogether. Your active list would take this property into consideration to remove them from the active list.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Agreed with @Josh. The only thing we might add is to also include an 'Unsubscribe From All' option on your form. That way, those who wish to opt-out from multiple subscriptions don't have to do the multi-form unsubscribe dance. And, they'll be less likely to go silent, or hit the spam button if/when given this option.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
Jonnydk
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Josh can you explain the last part of your answer to me? I didnt understand. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

@Jonnydk,

Because you have separate newsletters, you might want to create a form that allows them to unsubscribe from one, the other, or both. If they complete this form, it will update a specific property associated with the contact. You can use this property to exclude them from the active list or you can create a separate exclusion list based on the property. When you send the email, you would choose to not send it to folks on the exclusion list.

Josh 

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
Jonnydk
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks. Right now I have a form that they can use to subscribe with. When would they need a different form? I am not understanding your flow. Sorry. We were going to let them use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter. Are you saying I should build a custom form and use that as the "unsubscribe" page?

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

Correct. In that case, they could choose an individual newsletter to unsubscribe from vs unsubscribing from all communication. 

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
Jonnydk
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@Josh how would I set this up? We have 4 newsletters. Do I remove the hubspot unsubscribe link from the footer and replace it with a link to a form/landing page? Can you walk me through setting this up? I am still a little confused Smiley Embarassed

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @Jonnydk,

Yes, I'd be happy to walk you through it. Instead of removing the default unsubscribe, I might consider adding specific verbiage with a link to the new page/form and adding it to the footer. 

Feel free to use this link to schedule time

Josh

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Jonnydk,

How you've explained it is how I would do it. I would have a form that allows individuals to subscribe to each individual email. If you set the criteria for the active list accordingly, they won't be removed.

The other thing I would consider is a specific unsubscribe form that would allow them to unsubscribe from the emails individually as opposed to not hearing from you altogether. Your active list would take this property into consideration to remove them from the active list.

Josh

Josh Curcio