Email Marketing Tool

WMadden
Participant

Managed Saved Template button

SOLVE

Can we get a "Managed Saved Templates" button on the Email home page (page you select from menu - where emails are listed). 

It is very non-intuitive (and wasteful) to have to pretend to create an email just to get to the Drag and Drop area where the current "Managed Saved Templates" button exists today. 

Sometimes I just want to edit a template. Have I missed something in this? Is there an easier way? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Totally understandable, as a HubSpot Partner that is constantly onboarding new clients that reasoning is sound. I think this is a great thing to post on the Ideas forum of the HubSpot community pages. I'll upvote the idea to give you some initial traction, we'll see if it picks up some steam.

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
christopher-RVO

SOLVE

@WMadden  Currently, that is not possible in HubSpot. I believe that is because the templates that are saved in the editor are not meant to be edited frequently. Are you making design changes to these emails, copy changes, or both? 

A template is meant to be a shell of an email that has all of the core branding and style of the company, but is easily editable once the template is selected in the drag and drop editor. 

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

0 Upvotes
WMadden
Participant

SOLVE
Thanks for the feedback. I completely understand the reasoning here.

Regardless of how often someone would want to make changes, wouldn’t it make more sense to have the navigation there. I mean, you are implying that navigation is done this way to deter people from making frequent changes. From a pure navigation perspective, it should be more accessible.

When setting up a new customer and having them collaborate with you on new templates that will be used, the access is more frequent, and thus, the extra step being annoying. You are certainly right that in the long run, templates are not changed very often.

So, while accepting your basic premise on that, I do still believe the button is needed. It’s not impossible in Hubspot obviously, it was just a design decision on the part of Hubspot based on how Hubspot believes users would behave.

christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

Totally understandable, as a HubSpot Partner that is constantly onboarding new clients that reasoning is sound. I think this is a great thing to post on the Ideas forum of the HubSpot community pages. I'll upvote the idea to give you some initial traction, we'll see if it picks up some steam.

0 Upvotes