Email Marketing Tool

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Make a list of users who view your email in dark mode?

SOLVE

Is there a way to make a list of users who view your email in dark mode so you can make smart content for them?

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @danmoyle,

This only seems to be possible in a select few email marketing solutions, HubSpot isn't among them. Even Litmus doesn't offer any dark mode tracking capabilities yet (see the comment section in their Ultimate Guide to Dark Mode). Email on Acid apparently found a way to track dark mode opens.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
chadsideris
Contributor

SOLVE

I know this has an accepted solution, but a lot of time has past and the prevelance of dark mode is growing rapidly, so much so that in new windows OSs users are being moved to it by default. We too are struggling to figure out the best way to handle the issue and any visibility, like a list or a property for last view or something could be super helpful in trying to figure out how to design around something that was difficult BEFORE light and dark mode.

danmoyle

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler. It's one of those things that because we can see it in previews of email clients, I was thinking it would show us after they've received an email or two which client they're seeing it in... but it doesn't look like that's true. I appreciate the links and will look into them! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @danmoyle,

This only seems to be possible in a select few email marketing solutions, HubSpot isn't among them. Even Litmus doesn't offer any dark mode tracking capabilities yet (see the comment section in their Ultimate Guide to Dark Mode). Email on Acid apparently found a way to track dark mode opens.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.