Looking To Use the Subscription Page In Call To Action Button

Highlighted
New Contributor

We want to send out an email to tradeshow attendees to opt-in to our email campaigns. We are only selecting attendees that came by the booth, so we have a reason to reach out to them. Our initial template used a button that wasn't formatting correctly. I'd like to use a Call To Action to open the Subscrition Preferences page. When I create a link in a regular text area of an email, it gives me the option for the Subsription Pages. I don't see those options for the Call To Action button. Any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies
Regular Advisor

Hi @EAGMark 

Where are you placing the CTA? 

Typically we'd style the button using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets – that style everyting on the web). We'd specifiy the CSS rules either in the website stylesheet or "inline styling" in the CTA.

Does that help or is it all geek-speak?

Mike <= geek

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

In this case we are using the CTA in an email. I'm using the design manager to create the email template and then insert the Call To Action. I see where I can edit the CSS, but I'm wondering why there is no option to add an Email Subscription Link, similar to linking a URL in the body of an email.

0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor

Hi @EAGMark 

Does this help {{ unsubscribe_link }} 

More details here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/how-to-send-contacts-an-email-with-an-opt-o...

Or did I misunderstand what you actually want to achieve?

Mike

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

In this case, the button for email is a better option. My coworker attended a training session where the trainers recommended using a call to action in email, which is fine but for the fact that it doesn't support the direct link to the unsubscribe page the same way the button does. 

0 Upvotes