Email Marketing Tool

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

Logged replies

SOLVE

When sending a marketing email on behalf of a user by using using the send from and reply to email address associated to that user, we as the marketing group can see the tracked replies count but wondering why the content of the replies are not being logged on the lead's activity record.  The email is obvisoult being sent with a tracking pixel so it's tracking the email and the recipients behaviour but why is the reply not being Logged in the lead's activity records right away?  If the user replies to the leads reply, we can see the email correspondence but why can't we see the contents of the reply in their activity record as soon as it's sent?  

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Logged replies

SOLVE

@JdeRocquigny correct, you don't want to add individual emails.

What I would do is something like this:

if the email is sent from Contact Owner (your 30 users email address will be used)

make the reply to address a group email like replies@yourcompany.com

that you connect to the inbox.

These replies would be logged and tracked to the company. Otherwise, if the contact replies, HubSpot is essentially treating it like a new email to your sales agent and doesn't know to track it until the user replies.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
deepikaverma
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Logged replies

SOLVE

Hi @JdeRocquigny ,
If you are talking about the content ( attachment)  is not logged into the email activity. Then please mark thses settings.
Go to settings> emails> Activities> Log the attachments

I hope it helps!

Jnix284

Logged replies

SOLVE

Hi @JdeRocquigny  to see replies, you would need to send from the user email, but use a reply-to address that is a group email that is connected to the conversations inbox.

Here is the knowledge base article for tracking replies to marketing emails.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

JdeRocquigny
Contributor

Logged replies

SOLVE

Yes the email is being tracked as I can see on the analytics that we've had the 2 replies but when I click on the contacts that are listed as having replied, we cannot see what they replied as that email is not being logged.  the user forwarded the email to us so I know there was content but based on what you mentioned above, it's not going to show the contacts email content until our user replies to the contacts reply because the user's email is not connected to the conversations inbox.  We have over 30 users, I assume it is not best practice to add all those email addresses to the conversations inbox?

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

Logged replies

SOLVE

@JdeRocquigny correct, you don't want to add individual emails.

What I would do is something like this:

if the email is sent from Contact Owner (your 30 users email address will be used)

make the reply to address a group email like replies@yourcompany.com

that you connect to the inbox.

These replies would be logged and tracked to the company. Otherwise, if the contact replies, HubSpot is essentially treating it like a new email to your sales agent and doesn't know to track it until the user replies.

HComp

Logged replies

SOLVE

Having the same issue, sending a marketing email which has the default "from" and "reply-to" email address as one that is connected to Hubspot.

Contact record logs that an email has been sent to them, that they have opened and replied but doesn't log what the reply was.

Any ideas please?

0 Upvotes