Email Marketing Tool

GLC
Contributor

Lists that receive newsletters, but are excluded from reporting

SOLVE

I would like to be able to send my customer newsletter to a list of company stakeholders at the same time that the customer newsletter is sent out, so that they can get a view of what is being sent out. However I want to  exclude this company stakeholders contact list from my reporting tools, so that they do not affect my ORs or CTRs. 

Is there a way that i can do this at the moment?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I would like to be able to send my customer newsletter to a list of company stakeholders at the same time that the customer newsletter is sent out, so that they can get a view of what is being sent out. However I want to  exclude this company stakeholders contact list from my reporting tools, so that they do not affect my ORs or CTRs. How?

Short A: One at a time.

Longer A:

You have a few options indicated below, but the only absolute certain way to accomplish your goal is to send the stakeholders test emails that are not counted in analytics. Test email sends is a manual process with limited functionality.

- see Send a test email

Other options ...

- see How to filter out traffic from your website analytics

- see How do I prevent traffic from a domain from appearing as a referral in the sources report?

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: I would like to be able to send my customer newsletter to a list of company stakeholders at the same time that the customer newsletter is sent out, so that they can get a view of what is being sent out. However I want to  exclude this company stakeholders contact list from my reporting tools, so that they do not affect my ORs or CTRs. How?

Short A: One at a time.

Longer A:

You have a few options indicated below, but the only absolute certain way to accomplish your goal is to send the stakeholders test emails that are not counted in analytics. Test email sends is a manual process with limited functionality.

- see Send a test email

Other options ...

- see How to filter out traffic from your website analytics

- see How do I prevent traffic from a domain from appearing as a referral in the sources report?

Can't wait to see what we can help you build on HubSpot next.

Best,
Frank

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
GLC
Contributor

SOLVE

I think I will send them test emails for now, but I think it would be great to have a functionality that lets you send test emails to a list if not have the ability to send to a group without effecting the reporting - i am going to suggest this as a new feature. I have done it with previous ESP's so reckon a lot of people would want this as well.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Excellent ... glad my answer helped. Please mark as solved.

One other option ...

You could completely forego the test email AND traffic exclusion options by simply cloning your newsletter and sending to a separate list that isn't associated with your 'normal' stats.

Just a thought. Hope it helps.

Best,

Frank

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
GLC
Contributor

SOLVE

I have been doing that, but it is just the extra time that it takes to do this for every email - also it then still comes up on the email dashboard with a really good open rate. So still not exactly what i want... Thankyou

0 Upvotes