Email Marketing Tool

JWalallawita
Participant

List summary in an internal email notification

SOLVE

Hi,

I want to notify the internal team member about a particular form submissions. Without emailing internally everytime when a submission has come through, we would like to send a weekly summary listing the form submissions in the email.

What's the best approach for this?

Can you add the submissions to a static list and then populate the email body table with the list rows and columns?
Can you use the new beta "Custom Code" in the workflows to build the table based on the submissions in the flow and populate the email body afterwards?

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWalallawita ,

One possible workaround would be to filter the form report by this week as shown in SS
 save it to a dashboard.

webdew_0-1619440854054.png

And then on the dashboard have them set up weekly recurring emails. That way this report gets set to them via email each week with this data. This would sent to them as a PDF though instead of a report that is clickable where you can drill down to see the specifics on these submissions. (
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/dashboard/can-i-email-my-marketing-dashboard-to-my-colleagues)

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWalallawita,

This is what your custom report settings (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts) could look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1619448459962.png

(If you send this email on Sunday, pick "This week so far", if you want to send it on Monday, make it "Last week".)

karstenkoehler_2-1619448494390.png

(Here you can add any property that you're interested in.)

Once you've saved this report, you can add it to a dashboard set up the email interval (Dashboard > Actions > Email this dashboard > Yes, this is a recurring email).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWalallawita,

Have you followed the exact configuration in my screenshots? Could you specify which feature you're missing?

The configuration will give you a table with columns for all contacts who submitted a form in the given timeframe (this or last week), pay close attention to the Unsummarized data table option.

Recent conversion is defined as a form submission, hence there is no need to filter for form submissions specifically.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
Emel

SOLVE

Three days ago I was using my account and I recieved a TV add from here I dont understand the reason why these adds appearing in these days.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@Emel TV ad on HubSpot account?? Can you share the screenshot here?

0 Upvotes
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWalallawita ,

One possible workaround would be to filter the form report by this week as shown in SS
 save it to a dashboard.

webdew_0-1619440854054.png

And then on the dashboard have them set up weekly recurring emails. That way this report gets set to them via email each week with this data. This would sent to them as a PDF though instead of a report that is clickable where you can drill down to see the specifics on these submissions. (
https://knowledge.hubspot.com/dashboard/can-i-email-my-marketing-dashboard-to-my-colleagues)

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
JWalallawita
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @webdew - but doesn't that only send an overview summary. It doesn't drill into the submissions details and create a dashboard. 

Your suggestion is nice if we are interested only in the overview "how many submissions have we had in the past week?" but what we are aiming for is a summary email that shows "Here are (with details of submitted fields) the submissions of last week".

I can't figure out how I can add the submissions table into a dashboard. Or can I even do that?

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Check the same with Analytical tool
Reports > Analytical Tool > Forms and save tge report to dashboard.
Is it giving the same result?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWalallawita,

This is what your custom report settings (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create custom report > Single object > Contacts) could look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1619448459962.png

(If you send this email on Sunday, pick "This week so far", if you want to send it on Monday, make it "Last week".)

karstenkoehler_2-1619448494390.png

(Here you can add any property that you're interested in.)

Once you've saved this report, you can add it to a dashboard set up the email interval (Dashboard > Actions > Email this dashboard > Yes, this is a recurring email).

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

JWalallawita
Participant

SOLVE

Had to play around it a bit but managed to achieve exactly what we needed. And thank you @webdew for your instructions on how to email the dashboard. The two solutions were merged to achieve the desired result.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Nice, glad to hear, @JWalallawita!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
JWalallawita
Participant

SOLVE

The report builder doesn't behave the same for form submissions. And a form submission report can't be edited to change the view (as a table) either. 😕

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JWalallawita,

Have you followed the exact configuration in my screenshots? Could you specify which feature you're missing?

The configuration will give you a table with columns for all contacts who submitted a form in the given timeframe (this or last week), pay close attention to the Unsummarized data table option.

Recent conversion is defined as a form submission, hence there is no need to filter for form submissions specifically.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes