Links to landing page in a Marking Email are slow.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have created an email in the Marking Email software that has several buttons that link to a landing page on my website.  I sent myself a test email and the links were very slow.  I tested the landing pages independantly and they work fine.  I sent the email to a coworker who noticed the same problem in the slow load time.

I then talked to someone through the chat feature on hubspot (Jenny).  I sent her a test email as well and she experienced the same issue and suggested that I post my question here.

I've never had this issue before.  Why are my button links loading so slowly?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Advisor

That's weird that support would point you here.  Can you post the link here for us to view?

The only thing that is coming to mind if it is slow via the email only is that something is up on the Hubspot end in their redirection script.  The links that are included in your email are tracked links and those tracked links may be going through a server that is experiencing a slowdown, but this would be something support would need to investigate as we are users on the forum without access to the servers or logs.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I agree that it's odd.  I made the assumption that there were Hubspot moderators who would be helpful.  

Here's the link to the preview of the email:  https://app.hubspot.com/email/5276390/edit-dd/12851708883/content

I'm not sure if it will share, as it hasn't been sent out yet and isn't 'live'.  

Here's a second link if the first doesn't work:  https://preview.hs-sites.com/_hcms/preview/content/12851708883?portalId=5276390&_preview=true&cacheB...

0 Upvotes
Advisor

I noticed that slow load as well.  For me it didn't matter if I clicked from the email or used the direct link in Safari, but on Chrome, the direct link was slightly quicker but that could have been because the page had already been cached.  The slowdown I am noticing is all due to the secureservercdn.net images that you are loading on your website.  This CDN does not appear to be efficiently serving up the image files that you are trying to serve on your site.  Could you try removing that CDN and host your images in another repository or from the server itself and see if that helps with the load times?

0 Upvotes