Email Marketing Tool

Neta
Participant

Limit communications

SOLVE

Hi all,

We just signup with Hubspot Marketing Enterprise plan, and we are really excited to get started! 
Quick question - Is there a way to limit the number of emails a contact can get per week / per day?
For example - we would like to limit to:  2 emails per week per contact.

Thanks,
Neta 
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Limit communications

SOLVE

Hi @Neta@roisinkirby,

I've not seen users automate this with workflows  - I think the complexity would outweigh the gain personally. 

With one client, we simply operate a schedule; batch emails go out on Tuesday, digest emails go out on Thursday. The only other emails are highly personalised and targetted workflow emails so the volume of these, plus the two other types, never gets overwhelming. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Limit communications

SOLVE

Hi @Neta could provide more context for why you would like to limit contacts?

What types of emails are you sending? Are you including blog subscription notifications int his liimt?

It might be possible to use workflows and smart lists to track users who are sent a certain number of emails in a timeframe and exclude them from campaigns if they reach that limit.

@Phil_Vallender is this something you've seen marketers do before with HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
Neta
Participant

Limit communications

SOLVE

Hi @roisinkirby,

We plan to send all sorts of emails, mostly event based (to encourage product usage).
Limiting the number of emails each user receives from us in a specific timeframe, can help in keeping them engaged, rather than exhausted from our email marketing activities..

If there is a way to do this, I would love to learn exactly how!

Thanks,

Neta

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Limit communications

SOLVE

Hi @Neta@roisinkirby,

I've not seen users automate this with workflows  - I think the complexity would outweigh the gain personally. 

With one client, we simply operate a schedule; batch emails go out on Tuesday, digest emails go out on Thursday. The only other emails are highly personalised and targetted workflow emails so the volume of these, plus the two other types, never gets overwhelming. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Limit communications

SOLVE

Hi @Neta  At this time it is not possible to limit sends to a specific contact.  Great suggestion though. Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Neta
Participant

Limit communications

SOLVE

Sure, will do 🙂

0 Upvotes