Email Marketing Tool

MarcusHawkins
Teilnehmer/-in

Lead Flow: Email Subscribe Form issue

lösung

OK, this may be incredibly simple, but it seems that to sign up for a standard email subscription list is complex in the way of email types and default state being opt-in.

Just trying to set up a standard email newsletter programme, have created a unique property for email signup with True/False and then developed a smart list for contacts based on that to send welcome email etc. Question is, do I need to do the reverse form for an unsubscribe and will HS pick up the persons email address from that unsub clickthrough? PS I tried to access the email type "Marketing" in form builder but it wasnt available.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
shearn
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

This has been a big issue with HubSpot for some time now.

The only subscription-based opt-ins available are for blogs. Everything else has to be a custom field.

What I've suggested doing, and this is a very loose workaround, is to create the custom field with the True/False, but also create an Email Type for the same email. As for right now, contacts are automatically opted-in to all Email Types, so if you create it they will be opted-in to it.

If you send your email to those that have selected True in your custom field but have unsubscribed to your email from the email communications preference centre, you will see these contacts in the email analytics. From there you have to manually update your custom field to False, or export and re-upload your contacts and remove the True value from their record (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-add-values-to-a-checkbox-field-...). Workflows cannot remove a value from a checkbox (which is pretty ridiculous), so there's no real intuitive way to update your subscription checkbox. 

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
shearn
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

This has been a big issue with HubSpot for some time now.

The only subscription-based opt-ins available are for blogs. Everything else has to be a custom field.

What I've suggested doing, and this is a very loose workaround, is to create the custom field with the True/False, but also create an Email Type for the same email. As for right now, contacts are automatically opted-in to all Email Types, so if you create it they will be opted-in to it.

If you send your email to those that have selected True in your custom field but have unsubscribed to your email from the email communications preference centre, you will see these contacts in the email analytics. From there you have to manually update your custom field to False, or export and re-upload your contacts and remove the True value from their record (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/how-do-i-add-values-to-a-checkbox-field-...). Workflows cannot remove a value from a checkbox (which is pretty ridiculous), so there's no real intuitive way to update your subscription checkbox. 

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
MarcusHawkins
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung
Thanks so much for the response, appreciate it. Are custom fields a big deal? e,g Have three edm subs, Apples, Bananas and Oranges. In the database would just have y/n against the three with forms to either sub or unsub, Then build lists around those three variables and send accordingly. If user wants to unsub, would go through appropriate page and change flag accordingly, which would of course in turn change smartlist. Or is it not that easy and hence the integrations to campaign montor, mailchimp etc?
0 Upvotes
MarcusHawkins
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks so much for the response, appreciate it. Are custom fields a big deal? e,g Have three edm subs, Apples, Bananas and Oranges. In the database would just have y/n against the three with forms to either sub or unsub, Then build lists around those three variables and send accordingly. If user wants to unsub, would go through appropriate page and change flag accordingly, which would of course in turn change smartlist. Or is it not that easy and hence the integrations to campaign montor, mailchimp etc?

Else, how do they do this?Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 10.57.14 PM.png

0 Upvotes