Email Marketing Tool

VKB

Lead Capture: Are business cards implied or explicit consent?

SOLVE

At a recent conference, our team came back with a handful of business cards. 

Can we add these leads to HubSpot and change the Marketing email confirmation status to Customer marked confirmed inorder to market to them?

US only

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VKB,

This is unfortunately not a question that is easily answered. Generally, the legal team in your company should make that evaluation as they would be the ones receiving potential complaints.

Strictly seen, no, a business card is not equivalent to a confirmed email or explicit consent to receive marketing communication. Depending on the industry, your services, the legislation, there is however the option that a business card could constitute legitimate interest, a gray area.

But: my reply does is not legal advice. Please consult a legal professional to be on the safe and compliant side.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @VKB,

This is unfortunately not a question that is easily answered. Generally, the legal team in your company should make that evaluation as they would be the ones receiving potential complaints.

Strictly seen, no, a business card is not equivalent to a confirmed email or explicit consent to receive marketing communication. Depending on the industry, your services, the legislation, there is however the option that a business card could constitute legitimate interest, a gray area.

But: my reply does is not legal advice. Please consult a legal professional to be on the safe and compliant side.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes