Email Marketing Tool

EAste

Issue with email subsc

SOLVE

Hello, 

I am facing an issue with the creation of a Marketing Email, which I want to use for inviting a list of contacts to join my mailing list (newsletter).

The email contains a button with (a) "Link to: Email subscription link", and (b) "Subscription type: Subscription confirmation"; while under the section "Settings" of the email I created a new subscription type called "Newsletter2020". 

After sending an email for testing, here are the problems:

1. the user clicking on the button display a message saying "Thank you for subscribing", but the tab's title is "Unsubscription".

2. by viewing the full contact details, I can read the activity "John Doe communication subscriptions changed" but, under the section "Communication subscriptions" I find the following sentence "John Doe isn't opted in to any of your email subscriptions right now." This way, I cannot filter any of my contacts to understand who opted in. 

3. The only available filter is "Opted out of email: Newsletter2020", i.e. there is no "Opted in". The only way for understanding whether a contact clicked on that button or not is to use the filter "Marketing email confirmation status - User clicked confirmation" - filter which, however, is not that useful if I want to create another subscription type to distinguish it from the one I created for this specific Marketing Email (in this case, "Newsletter2020").

Any ideas how I can solve these issues?

Thank you for helping!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Issue with email subsc

SOLVE

Hi @EAste,

When a recipient clicks the "Subscription confirmation" link in an email, the property "Marketing email confirmation status" is updated: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-the-marketing-email-confirmation-status-contact-property It's a general opt-in mechanism, not specific to a subscription.

A contact can confirm their subscription (= opt in) but is not automatically subscribed to any of your subscription types. That's why the "Marketing email confirmation status" property will update, but not any of the subscriptions.

If you want to assign subscriptions, you can find the necessary steps here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manage-your-subscription-preferences-and-types

(If you're about to say that this is not very intuitive, I would agree.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Issue with email subsc

SOLVE

Hi @EAste,

This seems to be a faulty standard page. Under Settings > Marketing > Email > Tab Subscriptions > Section Double Opt-in, you can toggle Enable double opt-in and should see the option to Create a new page for the Confirmation page:

page.png

If you have a Starter subscription or higher, you can also point out this bug to HubSpot support.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
EAste

Issue with email subsc

SOLVE

Thank you Karsten! 

I will follow your suggestion. Still, I have a doubt: I have no idea why, but once the recipient clicks on the button in the email, s(he) displays a message saying "Thank you for subscribing" while the tab's title is "Unsubscription". I attach a screenshot (sorry, it's in Italian, but the translation is exacly that).

Schermata 2020-12-16 alle 13.06.00.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Issue with email subsc

SOLVE

Hi @EAste,

When a recipient clicks the "Subscription confirmation" link in an email, the property "Marketing email confirmation status" is updated: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email/what-is-the-marketing-email-confirmation-status-contact-property It's a general opt-in mechanism, not specific to a subscription.

A contact can confirm their subscription (= opt in) but is not automatically subscribed to any of your subscription types. That's why the "Marketing email confirmation status" property will update, but not any of the subscriptions.

If you want to assign subscriptions, you can find the necessary steps here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manage-your-subscription-preferences-and-types

(If you're about to say that this is not very intuitive, I would agree.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes