Email Marketing Tool

Jimmers
Participant

Issue with Workflow Triggering After Form Submission

Hello HubSpot Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to seek assistance with an issue I've encountered involving automated workflow triggering after form submissions.

Here's a detailed description of the problem:

We have set up a simple workflow in HubSpot intended to send a follow-up marketing email to contacts after they submit a form. The process seems straightforward: a contact submits the form, which should ideally trigger the workflow, resulting in the follow-up email being dispatched.

Unfortunately, the expected behavior is not occurring. Despite the form submissions being successful, the automated follow-up emails are not being sent.

It's important to note that the email address used in the process is properly connected within HubSpot, eliminating the possibility of a misconfiguration on that end.

However, when contacts are manually enrolled into the workflow, the follow-up email is delivered without any issues, indicating that the problem likely resides in the triggering mechanism of the workflow following a form submission.

I have verified that the workflow and form configurations are correct to the best of my knowledge, but the issue persists. It leads me to believe there might be a deeper problem related to the workflow's automatic trigger after form submissions.

I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone has experienced a similar issue or if there are known solutions or troubleshooting steps that I may not have considered.

Any insights, advice, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated as we aim to resolve this problem efficiently.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to any suggestions or guidance you may be able to provide.

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @Jimmers 

Can you share some screenshots of your setup, otherwise it's really difficult to assist. Seeing you tagged this post as Starter, I assume you only have access to the simple form automation workflow feature.

Have you checked the activity feed of one of the contacts that have submitted your form to find out what is going on? If there are issues with subscriptions or consent, the activity feed will show that an email could not be sent. 

Thanks

Frank

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

Marketeer | HubSpot Expert | CRM Consultant

InboundPro

Let's Talk About Your Project
0 Upvotes
Jimmers
Participant

Hi Frank!

Thanks for the reply.

Your assumption is correct - I only have access to simple workflows.

Please see the below screenshot of a contact that submitted the form:

Jimmers_0-1709891425703.png

As you can see the form submission comes through but the automated email is not sent and our sales team need to manually follow up.

Jimmers_1-1709891578498.png

Above is a screenshot of the simple workflow. The above block is the first step "A contact submits form Elon 100 | Facebook Ad Leads Form".

I have triple checked to ensure the emaill account from which the marketing email is sent is correctly set up.

Jimmers_3-1709891887437.png

Above you can see a contact who has submitted the form via Facebook which has not resulted in the HubSpot form being submitted.

Jimmers_4-1709892057636.png

Here you can see the flow of the Facebook form triggering the HubSpot form correctly but not triggering the email follow-up.

There are many confusing differences in each submission..

Any feedback would be appreciated

Best

James

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @Jimmers 

Are you confusing/mixing up FB Aead Ads automation and HubSpot form automation? An FB Lead Ad means someone submits a form on FB which gets synced to HubSpot - we can set up some automation for that, see here. The other scenario is using a HubSpot form and using simple form automation, see here.

I am not sure what you mean by "contact who has submitted the form via Facebook which has not resulted in the HubSpot form being submitted." - Submitting a FB Lead Ad form does not lead to a HubSpot form being submitted, it simply sync that FB Lead Ad Form to HubSpot.

Why are you having/using an FB Lead Ad Form and a HubSpot form? 

Found my comment helpful? Great! Please mark it as a solution to help other community users.

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

0 Upvotes
Jimmers
Participant

Hi @franksteiner79 

I don't believe I am confusing Facebook ad leads and HubSpot automation.

My apologies I have not described the workflow in deail.

Contacts submit a Facebook ad lead form. The Facebook ad form is linked to a HubSpot form via Zapier. The HubSpot form triggered by Zapier is linked to the simple email workflow. 

Everything up until the email automation step seems to be operational.

All the best 

James

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Thanks for the additional context @Jimmers 

The questions remains, why the additional step to resubmit that information via Zapier? If a contact submits the FB Lead Ads form that gets synced to HubSpot and can be used to automate your follow up.

As to why the FB Lead Ad form submission is not triggering Zapier to submit a HS form, that has nothing to do with HubSpot but with your Zapier settings.

My recommnedation:

1. set up some FB Lead Ads automation, see here
  2. Scrap the the Zapier step and additional HS form submission

Frank

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

0 Upvotes
Jimmers
Participant

Hi @franksteiner79 

I am unable to edit the automation within the Facebook campaign

Jimmers_0-1709900253298.png

Would you suggest srapping the current campaign and starting fresh?

James

0 Upvotes
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

So there is actually no option to trigger an email directly in the Ad Leads Automation.

Hmm, then there is not much you can do with a Starter subscription. With Pro and Ent you could use your "FB Ads Lead Form List" list as enrolment trigger.

So that means either change the FB Ads, so people come to your website or landing page, that would trigger the form automation. Otherwise what you can do is simply limited by what is available with Starter.

Frank Steiner

InboundPro

0 Upvotes