Email Marketing Tool

NachoH
Participant

Is the email field mandatory always?

SOLVE

Hi,

I´m new at Hubspot, and I have a doubt about the field "email". I am doing a campaign for some leads users I already have in my hubspot list. I already know their emails but I need to get further info from them. My question is:

If I already have their emails because, Im sending an email to my entire list, do I have to add the email field anyway to the form? or should I use it in smart mode so it wont show up to those who I already have their email?.

Thanks a lot

Nacho

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @NachoH, indeed, the email field is always mandatory on a form. This is because contacts are deduplicated based on their email addresses in HubSpot: therefore, collecting the email allows us to match the submitter's information with what you already have in your CRM, instead of creating a new contact for them altogether. Let me know if you have any questions on this!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @NachoH, indeed, the email field is always mandatory on a form. This is because contacts are deduplicated based on their email addresses in HubSpot: therefore, collecting the email allows us to match the submitter's information with what you already have in your CRM, instead of creating a new contact for them altogether. Let me know if you have any questions on this!

0 Upvotes