Email Marketing Tool

thomas1
Participante

Internal notification emails

resolver

Hi

I have created a number of lead nurturing emails which are associated with different workflows. Whenever a lead receives an email, an internal email to the lead owner is sent. 

Within this internal email, I've included some personalization tokens so the lead owner can see the name of the lead which received this email. However, I'd like to improve the internal notification email to include more information but I do not think this is possible with the personalisation codes available in HubSpot and therefore looking for a workaround. Within these internal emails it would be great to include the following;

• hyperlink to the unique contact record (both HubSpot/salesforce)
  • hyperlink to the lead nurturing email preview their contact will receive

Is there a way of doing this using personalisation features instead of a lot of different internal emails to the lead owners?

Thanks

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @thomas1. As a general rule, if you can put it in a property, you can automate around it in-app. Since you have HubSpot and Salesforce integrated, you can handle the link to the Salesforce record, by using the Salesforce Lead ID and/or Salesforce Contact ID properties. 

In the Salesforce org you have connected to HubSpot, look at the base part of the URL: https://[your instance name].salesforce.com/. Use this URL in your HubSpot, and append the URL with the lead or contact ID personalization token. Depending on the use case and complexity, you may want to design smartly, only sending emails with Contact ID or Lead ID personalization tokens when relevant. Alternately, your email can simply include links to both the lead and contact ID, and one value won't be populated. 

Unlike HubSpot record IDs, the ID associated with a HubSpot contact (called the vid) doesn't live in an in-app property. While the vid is available via the Contacts API, you'll need developer resources to retrieve and automate those values, and that's something that wouldn't be supported, so you'd be on your own. 

If that's not a feasible solution, but you have the HubSpot Intelligence Visualforce page on your lead and contact layouts in Salesforce, you can update your email copy to display the link to the record in Salesforce, with instructions to click the View in HubSpot button from that record, to see the HubSpot contact. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 Respuestas 5
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @thomas1. As a general rule, if you can put it in a property, you can automate around it in-app. Since you have HubSpot and Salesforce integrated, you can handle the link to the Salesforce record, by using the Salesforce Lead ID and/or Salesforce Contact ID properties. 

In the Salesforce org you have connected to HubSpot, look at the base part of the URL: https://[your instance name].salesforce.com/. Use this URL in your HubSpot, and append the URL with the lead or contact ID personalization token. Depending on the use case and complexity, you may want to design smartly, only sending emails with Contact ID or Lead ID personalization tokens when relevant. Alternately, your email can simply include links to both the lead and contact ID, and one value won't be populated. 

Unlike HubSpot record IDs, the ID associated with a HubSpot contact (called the vid) doesn't live in an in-app property. While the vid is available via the Contacts API, you'll need developer resources to retrieve and automate those values, and that's something that wouldn't be supported, so you'd be on your own. 

If that's not a feasible solution, but you have the HubSpot Intelligence Visualforce page on your lead and contact layouts in Salesforce, you can update your email copy to display the link to the record in Salesforce, with instructions to click the View in HubSpot button from that record, to see the HubSpot contact. 

thomas1
Participante

resolver

Hi

so to be clear, within my internal email I'd be writing https://[mysalesforceurl]/[salesforcecontactid - personalisation token]

Will the email know to add the unique contact ID as part of the full URL?

Thank you for the work around and suggested use of the visual force elements. I think this should suffice for sales reps looking to see the exact emails which were sent and not that many clicks away once in Hubspot.

Also 

0 Me gusta
bradmin
Asesor destacado

resolver

That's correct. Formatted the way you wrote, the URL will render appropriately, as long as the contact has a Salesforce contact ID.

You may want to build this condition into your automation, to prevent any confusion with users. If all the workflow is doing is sending the email, you could build a [Salesforce Last Sync Time is known] condition at the start of your workflow - indicating the record has ever synced - and build a Yes/No branch for whether a contact ID exists; anyone who passes through the No branch would be a lead, and could get a separate email, formatted with a URL to the lead record instead. 

Alternately, if this automation should only fire for records that are Salesforce contacts, you can simply build that condition in at the start of your workflow instead. 

thomas1
Participante

resolver

thank you for the suggestions

There is an issue that the url is adding some kind of string and taking people to the 'contacts home' section in salesforce and not the unique contact record itself. If you copy and paste the url out of the email it works fine and goes to the unique record, but when clicking the link it adds a string to the url (i don't think this is tracking code?)

below is an example of the string that gets added;

https://[oursalesforcedomain.com/003?utm_source=hs_automation&utm_medium=email&utm_content=30519251&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-90gC_46E3wW9Uiz0jU8JC6P6mI0eCZuLFpOpx5ygYe1s2V4luXLoXKODFkcWsqSPM5iThPPCa-Bm239IvhEocPuKXXu6eT7TfVft7oUHxvlg0BxW4&_hsmi=30519251

0 Me gusta
bradmin
Asesor destacado

resolver

How is that link being created? From a HubSpot template using the Contact ID personalization token formatted into your Salesforce URL? Or is it the result of some Salesforce-side manipulation?

It looks like the string is part of the public contact URL,but I'm not certain how the value you shared was generated. 

0 Me gusta