Email Marketing Tool

kjetilsvendsen
Teilnehmer/-in

Integrating WordPress post/page content into Email

lösung

Would it be possible to create newsletters from within the Hubspot plugin – letting you use content from already published posts or pages?

What I want to propose is to have an option of inserting content from posts, like you have with the RSS feed option, but done when creating a manual/automatic newsletter, and just a little more advanced:
In addition to the “add X posts”, I would like to be able to select which WordPress category to choose from.
It would be great if I could insert one specific post, and have it appear like a card (different style options would be nice) inside the newsletter. Customization of how long the summary should be, how to display the featured image, and “Read more” boxes would be nice.

The system should also be able to see if I have used the post in a previous newsletter, so that when creating an automated newsletter, set up to pick the latest x articles from category y, it leaves out those already “used”. This should probably be overridable.

If this is not possible - is there a way of inserting a rss feed into a manual/automatic email?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
trevordjones
Lösung
Autorität | Diamond Partner

lösung

Hi @kjetilsvendsen!

Thanks for the tag @JessicaH!

Some great ideas here on adding some additional styling features to the RSS Emails in HubSpot, which you might want to post to the ideas forum instead of here.

In the meantime, some of them can be accomplised using WordPress.

For example, if you want your RSS elements to include only posts from a single Blog Category, WordPress gives you a feed for each category.  If the URL of your blog category is mysite.com/category/mycategory/, just use the url mysite.com/category/mycategory/feed/ when seeting up your RSS Email.

You can also modify the summary length for your RSS Feed in WordPress.  Here is an article on how to do that: https://www.itsupportguides.com/knowledge-base/wordpress/wordpress-how-to-change-rss-summary-excerpt...  The problem with modifying the summary length in your email program is that the summary could get concatenated in a way that you don't want, so I would think it is usually best to pick the desired summary length in WordPress and stick to that as much as possible when writing your summaries.

As to not re-using previously published posts in your newsletter, HubSpot does this by default on extenal blog RSS emails.  As you can see in this knowledge base article

screenshot-knowledge-hubspot-com-cos-blog-set-up-an-rss-to-email-blog-subscription-for-an-external-blog-1601559363316 (1).png

Hopefully, this helps you accomplish some of your goals!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

2 Antworten
JessicaH
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

lösung

Hi @kjetilsvendsen,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.
Hi @Jake_Lett @trevordjones @himanshurauthan, would you be able to share your thoughts ?

Thanks,
Jess 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
trevordjones
Lösung

lösung

Hi @kjetilsvendsen!

Thanks for the tag @JessicaH!

Some great ideas here on adding some additional styling features to the RSS Emails in HubSpot, which you might want to post to the ideas forum instead of here.

In the meantime, some of them can be accomplised using WordPress.

For example, if you want your RSS elements to include only posts from a single Blog Category, WordPress gives you a feed for each category.  If the URL of your blog category is mysite.com/category/mycategory/, just use the url mysite.com/category/mycategory/feed/ when seeting up your RSS Email.

You can also modify the summary length for your RSS Feed in WordPress.  Here is an article on how to do that: https://www.itsupportguides.com/knowledge-base/wordpress/wordpress-how-to-change-rss-summary-excerpt...  The problem with modifying the summary length in your email program is that the summary could get concatenated in a way that you don't want, so I would think it is usually best to pick the desired summary length in WordPress and stick to that as much as possible when writing your summaries.

As to not re-using previously published posts in your newsletter, HubSpot does this by default on extenal blog RSS emails.  As you can see in this knowledge base article

screenshot-knowledge-hubspot-com-cos-blog-set-up-an-rss-to-email-blog-subscription-for-an-external-blog-1601559363316 (1).png

Hopefully, this helps you accomplish some of your goals!

- Trevor
If my post solves your problem, please accept it as a solution.