Email Marketing Tool

MEngelbrecht
Teilnehmer/-in

Insert Personalization Tokens with HTML into mails - they do not get resolved.

Hi,

we want to send out automated emails to customers that abandon their carts. With the WooCommerce Integration, a custom property "Abandoned Cart HTML" is created that captured the products, prices ect. in the cart. 

We want to insert this HTML into an email, but it does not get resolved, the plain code is send instead (a <div> code).

I tried to paste the HubL Personaliztion Token into Hubspot's HTML module, but still, no success. 

Any best practices to deal with a HTML code that should be fetched into a mail from contact properties?

Thanks, 
Manuel

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 16.02.39.png

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 11.23.55.png

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 11.24.49.png

11 Antworten
MScaramastra
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Has this issue been resolved? Link to Knowledge Base if possible.

0 Upvotes
DJacobs1
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi @AMShaw - Unfortunately, I don't really know what HS means when they told me that they had to "ungate" my portal. I contacted support and eventually got someone who can help me. My experience with HS support is that about 50% of the agents really know what they're talking about. So I sometimes contact them several times about the same issue and eventually get the answer/solution I'm looking for.

Rest assured, I am currently using personalization tokens that only contain HTML in my emails and it's working just fine. So, there is a solution. 

0 Upvotes
AMShaw
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

@DJacobs1 Thank you for the quick reply - I'm wondering if it was a setting that they changed or something they added to your email template.  I'll keep trying.  

0 Upvotes
DJacobs1
Teilnehmer/-in

I contacted HubSpot support and they had to ungate my portal so that the HTML would render correctly. So I'm sure if you contacted them, they'd get you taken care of. It only took a couple of hours and now the HTML looks perfect!

0 Upvotes
AMShaw

Hi DJacobs1 - can you explain in more detail how you fixed this (what does HubSpot ungated my portal mean?). We have the same issue and hubSpot are saying that it cant be done. Thanks

0 Upvotes
DJacobs1
Teilnehmer/-in

I'm having this exact same problem. I don't know why HubSpot's support and integration for Woocommerce is so poor when they have a native integration for Shopify.

0 Upvotes
thomasgoirand
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

issue here

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hello @thomasgoirand, could you please provide us more details?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MScaramastra
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi, I am trying to embed a token in HTML code. Is this possible and how, or link to resources please. Thanks! @PamCotton 

0 Upvotes
MEngelbrecht
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi Crystal, thanks for your answer. I think the issue is that the personalized HTML does not get resolved before HubSpot's Mail client is looking for HTML to resolve, since it is a HubL token.

The Forum you linked to is unfortunatley not helping with issue.
If there is someone that managed to insert a HTML code successfully into a mail with a personalization token, I would love to hear from you and the approach how to implment it.

Crystal_Hopper
Autorität

Hi @MEngelbrecht! I don't know how to solve this because it appears to me you're doing everything right. But I did want to suggest you pop over to the Marketing Integrations Forum and look at other WooCommerce posts>>

There may be a thread or expert you can reach out to about this question.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.