Email Marketing Tool

HBerg5
Participant

Increasing email copy size on a mobile device

SOLVE

When sending an email, is there anyway to increase copy size for mobile devices?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The best thing you can do is post a link to view the source of your email to see what is going on for us to offer specific support.  In cases like these its best to make sure you are defining your fonts in em/rem which base sizes based on settings in the browser/app for the user. 

View solution in original post

Mike_Eastwood
Solution
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @HBerg5 

My go-to-guide on Email Styling was produced by Campaign Monitor:

https://www.campaignmonitor.com/dev-resources/guides/mobile/

As you can see from the article it's not easy to get exactly what you want because all email clients read emails slightly differently.

However, in answer to your question, I would use both inline styles and styles in the header to set the font size. 

Remember, some people use large fonts on their phone – if you make the font bigger then they may be huge on a hone with large fonts enabled.

As a rule of thumb I use Google's recommendation for mobile web pages at 16px.

Have fun

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike_Eastwood
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @HBerg5 

My go-to-guide on Email Styling was produced by Campaign Monitor:

https://www.campaignmonitor.com/dev-resources/guides/mobile/

As you can see from the article it's not easy to get exactly what you want because all email clients read emails slightly differently.

However, in answer to your question, I would use both inline styles and styles in the header to set the font size. 

Remember, some people use large fonts on their phone – if you make the font bigger then they may be huge on a hone with large fonts enabled.

As a rule of thumb I use Google's recommendation for mobile web pages at 16px.

Have fun

Mike

Ben_M
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

The best thing you can do is post a link to view the source of your email to see what is going on for us to offer specific support.  In cases like these its best to make sure you are defining your fonts in em/rem which base sizes based on settings in the browser/app for the user. 

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HBerg5 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @Mike_Eastwood @Jonno_Price @andrus do you have any thought for @HBerg5 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes