Email Marketing Tool

deepikaverma
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Importing of notes with company and contact associations

I want to import notes which are associated with contacts as well as the company. The problem is when a company is associated with two contacts at that time the same note is replicated twice on company activities. Imported notes in the company and contact should be automatically associated.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
deepikaverma
Guide | Partner
Guide | Partner

Yes, I am Saying about the first part of your answer.

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you saying that Contact A and Contact B have the same note attached to Company Z and when you import that data that you are seeing both notes even though they are the same?  If that is the case, then Hubspot is working as it should as the note object is tied to the contact object, not a group object.  So you could end up with the same note being shown twice on the company object.

If you are talking to multiple contacts at the same time, is this part of the opportunity that you have with that company? If so, then the note should go on the Opportunity which is tied to the company and then shared amongst the associated contacts to that opportunity so you would not have the duplication you describe.