Email Marketing Tool

JAlford5

Images not displaying in preview mode and then missing from email

Hi,

When i'm creating a newsletter all looks good but when i send it the images are not included.  I'm uploading images using hubspot and these are not externally hosted.

I then see that when i review the newsletter the images are also showing broken links and not the images

This seems a pretty fundamental problem.. It was working but i've noticed this even on old emails i sent.

** UPDATED**

So all the images are uploaded into hubspot.

Here's what i get on preview now.

JAlford5_0-1691507033222.png

and here's the page i hit preview from - you can see in there too that it's not showing the images.

JAlford5_1-1691507158425.png

Please help!

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
JAlford5

Hi,

To be clear, I uploaded the images in exactly the same way as previously.  And I had successfully sent the same email out a few times to new recipients before the images were lost.  Something about the link or access to the images seems to have changed.  I would love to know what that was?

To be clear - this problem was seen across a number of different emails

Kind Regards

Jon

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

Are the images being hosted by Hubspot or a third party? If a third party, are you allowing hubspot to pull the images and host for you? If not, your image hosting provider could have hotlinking protection on that is blocking your images from being shown via hubspot. If you are not sure and still experiencing issues, I would recommend posting a link to the view in browser of one of your emails so that we can see the code.

JAlford5

just tried creating a newsletter from scratch and uploading images again and this has worked... somehow all the images i had up there are visible and able to be included but are disconnected from the newsletter they were attached to

which is highly frustrating....

0 Upvotes
JAlford5

Thanks Ben, have updated.  These are all images uploaded into hubspot.  All looks great and then when i send the emails are missing images and then when i go back a preview images are also gone within hubspot...  wondering if somehow the links to these images have been broken at some point and a i need to delete and re-add

0 Upvotes
Ben_M
Key Advisor

If it looks great and then they disappear this sounds more like hotlink protection. If these are in hubspot, you can view the image file details and make sure the file is not set to private. It should be public for sake of attaching to emails that will be used over and over.