Email Marketing Tool

SimoneM
Contributor

Images low resolution on email drag and drop

SOLVE

Hi, I have the problem that the images on the email with the drag and drop editor becomes low resolution, especially the logos... There are some specs to avoid it?

Thank you
Simone

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SimoneM,

I haven't run into this issue before, but potentially you could try running it through a lossless compression tool first. I like: https://compressor.io/. 

Additionally, we typically use png files vs jpg when it comes to logos.

Please let me know what results you see after trying lossless compression and @sharonlicari's recommendation.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
PJanakiraman6
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi SimoneM,  I agree with Josh’s solution recommended by  @sharonlicari for using a compressor tool. Ever since I have been using an app called LitePics. LitePics is a HubSpot-certified image compression app; it compresses GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIF images automatically from the HubSpot portal. 

I started with a free plan, my existing images were optimized through Lossless compression, and after trying for 3 weeks I upgraded to a personalized plan because it is a very efficient workaround for maintaining image quality in email.

It worked for me, you could give it a shot.

0 Upvotes
PatrickEng
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

@SimoneM,

Defintely agree with Josh on using PNGs as those tend to provide sharper images than JPGs (though generally at the cost of file size). A compressor can defintely help balance that tradeoff, but I'd defintely recommend trying to place PNG versions of the images in the email and see if you see any improvement.

Also, not necessarily related, but I also try to have my team use images that are no wider than 600px due to the email width we have set by default (which is what HubSpot defaults everyone to).

One other weird thing I had experienced in the past too was specifically getting really blurry logo images from really big, high res images. It only happened once or twice, but basically we had a massive Facebook logo we wanted in an email, but when I put it in there and then just sized it down, it got super blurry. So, to fix it, I uploaded an already resized version of the logo to what I wanted into the file manager, and when I loaded that into the email, it actually appeared sharper.

Hope that helps! 

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @SimoneM 

Usually, HubSpot has an automatic image resizing for content. If you have Pro or Enterprise subscription, you could try to disable automatic image resizing simply add the additional ?noresize parameter to the image URL from your File Manager. 

Maybe one of our experts has another idea about this. 

Hey @stefen , @PatrickEng and @Josh do you have any other tip on how to avoid blurry images for drag and drop emails?

Thank you

Sharon 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Tommelhuish

SOLVE

Hi Simone, 

One option is to use a compressor as Josh stated below or Tiny PNG. 

The other option would be to size it yourself within a free image resizing software. I.e https://pixlr.com/x/ is my preferred choice. You can then size it to the exact requirements and keep the quality hight, file size low. 

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SimoneM,

I haven't run into this issue before, but potentially you could try running it through a lossless compression tool first. I like: https://compressor.io/. 

Additionally, we typically use png files vs jpg when it comes to logos.

Please let me know what results you see after trying lossless compression and @sharonlicari's recommendation.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer