Email Marketing Tool

MPechenik

Images don't show up in Outlook

SOLVE

When I send test emails of a marketing email, the images I have in the marketing email do not show up in Outlook. I discovered that Outlook has an option to "show blocked content from this sender," which subsequently shows the images. 

Although this technically works, I normally would have never clicked this option if I wasn't in this situation, and customers who recieve the email certaintly won't think to click it. I've noticed that this is a problem other people have been having, but has anyone figured out a solution? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPechenik,

Except for encouraging your recipients to add you to a list of safe senders, unfortunately there's nothing that you can do to bypass this. "Blocking pictures can help protect your computer. Microsoft Outlook is configured by default to block automatic picture downloads from the Internet."

That's why you should always make sure that you offer a web version and add image alt text (in case images aren't rendered).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPechenik ,

Microsoft Outlook is configured by default to prevent automatic image downloads. There are two things you can do to tackle email image blocking.

First thing, You can add Alt text to your images. When images are blocked, the email client displays the text "alt text" instead of the image. Using alt text is beneficial because it can inform recipients about the image in order to provide context and encourage them to view the images.

Second, Request that your recipients add you to their list of safe senders.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MPechenik,

Except for encouraging your recipients to add you to a list of safe senders, unfortunately there's nothing that you can do to bypass this. "Blocking pictures can help protect your computer. Microsoft Outlook is configured by default to block automatic picture downloads from the Internet."

That's why you should always make sure that you offer a web version and add image alt text (in case images aren't rendered).

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.